No announcement yet.

Connect mobile adding weight every day

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect mobile adding weight every day

I do not understand why Garmin Connect mobile is adding the weight every single day (even the day tha has to come). This happens every time it syncs with the Fenix 3 HR via bluetooth. Although I delete the weight in the the Garmin Connect website, after the next sync with the unit (bluetooth) the weight appears back again and again. I expect to have the weight recorded when I input the weight.
    Does anyone know about this and how to solve the problem?
    Thanks

Originally posted by SDEGAN09 View Post
    I do not understand why Garmin Connect mobile is adding the weight every single day (even the day tha has to come). This happens every time it syncs with the Fenix 3 HR via bluetooth. Although I delete the weight in the the Garmin Connect website, after the next sync with the unit (bluetooth) the weight appears back again and again. I expect to have the weight recorded when I input the weight.
    Does anyone know about this and how to solve the problem?
    Thanks
    Anyone, any idea about the issue with the recurrent weight registration in GC mobile?
    Thanks

Comment

Change your password

This apparently isn't a widespread problem, given the lack of "me to" responses, so the weight reading is probably coming from someplace unique to you. It could be a device (a scale, a watch, a phone...) or a synchronization service, or even a human with a web browser. I'd change the password on my Connect account and see if that stops it.

-- Pete

Comment

Problem back again: self-random weight input in GC

I am having the same problem again. The weight appears in GC and in the mobile application. The application add the weight itself randomly.
        Any solution?
        Thanks

Comment

Is the weight itself random or do you recognize it as being set on the watch by you?
          I have this issue when I changed the weight on the watch and it doesn't match the weight in Connect. Solution was to only -once- set it in Connect and then leave it alone. It then syncs to the watch. It may be a bit similar to the issue when the watch gets reset to miles at every sync.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinaxx View Post
            Is the weight itself random or do you recognize it as being set on the watch by you?
            I have this issue when I changed the weight on the watch and it doesn't match the weight in Connect. Solution was to only -once- set it in Connect and then leave it alone. It then syncs to the watch. It may be a bit similar to the issue when the watch gets reset to miles at every sync.
            The weigh is random. I only use Garmin Connect to record the weight and I do not use the mobile application. The only way I found (but it does not always work) is to assign another weight for the current day. Sometime the system record the weight for the day that has to come ("weight for the future").
            Thanks

Comment

same here!

happens to me as well on occasion (FR235) - also on GC and Garmin Express it always says I have to sync my user settings.... always. Seems like Garmin has a really hard time dealing with which data/inputs are 'current' on all of the different platforms (device, mobile, website) - as well as the sync with third parties (myfitnesspal, etc)

My weight problem often will correlate when I maybe am in my user settings looking at something like HR Zones (app 'auto saves' regardless of c hanging) so it changes my weight automatically from then on out. until I officially change it again via the app or website. once I change it on the website/app....then I can go back in and delete the old/bad entries from the calendar view. Before putting in a new good weight, the old Auto weights would just reappear if deleted

Comment

Originally posted by SDEGAN09 View Post
                I am having the same problem again. The weight appears in GC and in the mobile application. The application add the weight itself randomly.
                Any solution?
                Thanks
                I am using Garmin Connect since April. And weight tracking been broken all that time, it duplicates, deletes entries on its own. As I said Garmin software is a crap, they can't fix that simple issue for at least 6 month :-)

I am entering weight data every day, that's data from Garmin Connect:

ss.png

I am also tracking the same data in another application, and just to compare:

9.10 - 79.6 (GC) vs 79.6 (real)
                10.10 - 79.2(GC) vs 79.8 (real)
                11.10 - 79.2 (GC) vs 79.2(real)
                12.10 - 79.3 (GC) vs 78.8(real)
                13.10 - 79.3(GC) vs 79.3(real)
                14.10 - 78.8(GC) vs 79.3(real)
                15.10 - 78.8(GC) vs 78.8(real)

So, I can assume that when I enter my data (GMT+ 10/11) those morons also delete my previous day entry and update it with current value. They keep exact time (which can be current or previous day in GMT), while they need only the date when data was entered.
                Last edited by dimavs; 10-14-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Was there ever a solution to this? Mine has been doing this for a while.

Here's additional info I have:
                  I use the myfitnesspal app on an iphone 6s which is sync'd to the Garmin Connect app. I only ever weigh in on Sundays. I add the weight in MFP and it syncs to Connect.
                  BUT .... every single day Garmin and MFP show that I added my weight that day. It is the same number as I put in on Sunday, but just repeated every day. I don't have any other things (scales, etc.) that sync.

Previously it only had plot points on the dates when I actually entered a weight. It just makes it much messier when looking at the big picture. I checked MFP and Connect and can't see where it would be a setting to turn on or off.

Comment

Just found what was responsible for that.
                    MyFitness Pal gave everyday weight measurements even if I didn't input anything.
                    So I just disconnected it.
                    Everything normal now

Comment

I have a similar issue whereby any weight I enter in GC Mobile gets propagated for every day until I enter the next weight - this is really annoying and no fix seems forthcoming

Comment

JSRUNNER_,
                        I see what you are saying, and mine does the same. However, on mine at least, there is a difference in how the points are plotted. The real entries (the ones that I put in) show as checkmarks inside of orange circles and the auto-populated ones show as white circles. That, at least, lets me be able to tell the difference. Does it work that way for you too? (I would upload a picture, but this forum is not letting me do that for some strange reason)
                        My Garmin CIQ Apps:
                        https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/develo...fdcd7aafa/apps

Comment

NightHawk I don't see that they all look the same which screen do you see the checkmarked ones on. Also do you enter these manually in connect or connect mobile or via another application?

Comment

JSRUNNER_,
                            My weight entries are always manually entered in GCM (Garmin Connect Mobile). GCM is also where I see the checkmarks. Granted, I am using the non-beta version of GCM these days (something that Garmin support had me switch back to in an attempt to fix txt notifications on my VA3). The checkmarks show in the snapshot for weight.

Are you using the beta version of GCM?
                            My Garmin CIQ Apps:
                            https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/develo...fdcd7aafa/apps

Comment

Yes I am using the beta version but I think that the problem predates that but I will try to revert and see if that helps

Comment

Working...
                              X