Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Event Date Bug when adding to Calendar

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Date Bug when adding to Calendar

If add an Event to the calendar by clicking in the day on the Calendar and choosing Event - the date defaults incorrectly due to some confusion between UK format dates and US

For Example - I click on the day for 6th November 2018 - normally when selecting create event the date of the event would be filled in as 06/11/2018 - however for about a week it has inverted the date so instead of selecting 06/11/2018 as 6th November 2018 it selects as 11th June 2018 (i.e. interpreting 06/11 as a US format date)

If I pick a day number greater than 12 - say 30th November 2018 then the date becomes even more wildly out - in this example it will try and create a calendar event for 11th June 2020!!!

This is very annoyig and it is easy to accidentally create an activity for the wrong date - this occurs in internet explorer

Me too. Extremely frustrating and entirely avoidable.

Comment

I thought that there was a bug with entering an event altogether, because after saving it just didn't show up. So I tried multiple time with different browsers and only then thought, let's take a look in the forum :-). With this explanation, I have now found all my added events. Not on Dec 9th, but on Sep 12th (in the past). Never thought of such a basic error. Very annoying!
      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

eberends yes that's initially how I found it - kept adding events and they disappeared

Comment

Working...
        X