No announcement yet.

Add heart rate recording afterwards

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add heart rate recording afterwards

I am using both a vivosmart 4 and an Edge820 during cycling. Today the heart rate recording on the Edge failed after 1/3 of the trip. However, the Vivosmart did record my heartrate during the complete ride and is now visible in the health statistics in Garmin Connect but not in the cycling activity. Is it possible to add the full heartrate recording to the cycling activity?
    Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

hi bdendulk, yes, but...

edge-1030-import-24h-hr-to-an-activity-possible

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyTwo View Post
      Thanx!!!
      Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

Just tried this solution but since both files contain heart rate I get an error message: error - Both Files Contain Heart Rate Data
        2 Files uploaded!

I just hoped that Garmin Connect would have some functionality to correct an incomplete recording one device with a complete recording on the other (since both devices are Garmin).
        Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

Just now I removed heart rate data from tcx file via http://www.localcycle.co.uk/hr_tweak.html. Next step is to find the correct fit file from the vivosmart. I don't know which one this is.
          Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

I found a way to access the Vivosmart 4 as a mass usb device. Apparantly the fit file in the monitor directory should contain the heart rate data but the tool mentioned does not recognize the heart rate data in it.
            Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

bdendulk, what tool does not recognize HR ?

is there only one FIT file in the MONITOR folder ? when yes, your watch is handling the 24HR different that I know of ...sorry

Comment

Hi, the tool on the gotoes.org website does not recognize the heartrate data in it.
                Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

is there only one FIT file in the MONITOR folder ?

use the Fit File Repair Tool to get your HR from the Files in the MONITOR folder
                  or try and upload your file her in the forum or for example linked by dropbox

Originally posted by OnlyTwo View Post
                  Fit File Repair Tool can read the HR files in the MONITOR folder on your watch

mine has a time span of ten days in that folder

so hurry and backup that MONITOR folder

update : values are averages/minute

Comment

When using Fit File Repair Tool I can't find any HR data ... ?! The filesize is 1 kb which seems to be rather small. Just checked again but still a very small fit file in monitor folder on vivosmart.
                    Last edited by bdendulk; 10-08-2018, 04:00 PM.
                    Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

Too bad...

on the forerunner 935 that monitor folder holds more history
                      there are 1kb and some around 20kb

Code:
                      file_capabilities,directory,"Monitor",,max_count,"75",,type,"32",,flags,"10"

apologies for leading you into a dead end

Comment

Hi OnlyTwo, no worries. Could be a specific implementation of Vivosmart 4 which is different from Forerunner.
                        Edge 820, Vivosmart 4

Comment

Working...
                        X