No announcement yet.

Crazy workout duration (running)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy workout duration (running)

I had a short recovery run of 36 minutes. This is the duration od the workout reported by Garmin connect. However all the graphs mentionned on period of 18 hours!!! I've check the exportation to TP. The same workout duration is 36 minutes but all calculations are done on 18 hours!! then rTSS 1005 ...for a recovery run it sucks ;-).

No problem noticed with my bike work out of yesterday.

Didi you face something like that already?

Olivier

What device?

Can you post a link to your activity?
    Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
    Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

I am using Forerunner 935. Here is a link I am not sure if you will have access. This is a first time I am trying to share an activity. Please let me know if it works. Thanks! https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3057078082

Comment

Ok, I had a look at your activity. Indeed there is some data just at the beginning of the activity, then a huge multi-hour gap, and then some more data at the end. Please note, that when you select "Over distance" for graph visualisiation, the graphs look more sensible. Here's what I think happened:

For some reason the watch had the time of day set to an incorrect value. You started the activity before getting a good GPS fix. After a short moment the watch established a GPS fix and corrected the time. So the very first moment of the activity has been registered at an incorrect time of day which was many hours off, then a sudden "jump in time" occured, and the rest was registered with correct time of day. Hence the apparent gap in the "Over time" graphs.
        Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
        Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

If you want to fix your FIT file, you might be able to use the FIT File Tools corrupt time fixer. You might have to use the "Normalize Time" option.

1) Export your activity FIT (Activity > Gear > Export Original)
          2) Use FIT File Tools
          https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/ctf
          3) Delete original activity on GC
          4) Import fixed FIT ("Cloud Upload" icon in upper right hand corner of Garmin Connect > Import Data)

Comment

Thanks! This is helpful. Anyhow it did not happen anymore...this will be part of the unexplained mystery of the IT.

Comment

Originally posted by tmk2 View Post
              Ok, I had a look at your activity. Indeed there is some data just at the beginning of the activity, then a huge multi-hour gap, and then some more data at the end. Please note, that when you select "Over distance" for graph visualisiation, the graphs look more sensible. Here's what I think happened:

For some reason the watch had the time of day set to an incorrect value. You started the activity before getting a good GPS fix. After a short moment the watch established a GPS fix and corrected the time. So the very first moment of the activity has been registered at an incorrect time of day which was many hours off, then a sudden "jump in time" occured, and the rest was registered with correct time of day. Hence the apparent gap in the "Over time" graphs.
              Thank you very much I'll take care in the future to start activity once GPS fixed. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X