No announcement yet.

Name GPX/ Track after export GC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name GPX/ Track after export GC

For the moment a use my Dakota 20 on my bike as a temporary solution due to a problem with my Edge 820. I always create routes with GC. Initially they can come from Strava, Route You or other websites. I create a new course, change what I want to change (also the name) and then I export it to my Fenix5 thru my cellphone and I make a GPX export to place this course on my Dakota. The expoprt name is never the name from the course but a number Course_XXXXXXXXXX.
    That's not a problem. I change it again and then I do a copy/paste to the Dakota.

In the past when I selected courses on the Dakota I got a list with all there names. But now that I use GC the name is always "Track". When I use explorer the name of the GPX is the name that I need. For exemple "Rondje Leuven". It's hard to selcet the right track when I want to leave for a ride when all the names are the same.

How can I solve this problem??

Belgian greetings,

Jos

Hi,
    I also stumbled over this today.
    The problem is, that the tag <name> below the tag <trk> is missing in the garmin export file.
    As GPX is almost similar to xml, it should be sufficent, to add the tag with a text editor.

Greetings
    Jens

Comment

Originally posted by JeBNi View Post
      Hi,
      I also stumbled over this today.
      The problem is, that the tag <name> below the tag <trk> is missing in the garmin export file.
      As GPX is almost similar to xml, it should be sufficent, to add the tag with a text editor.

Greetings
      Jens
      Sorry Jens for my very late answer......
      I export in GPX files. Where can you find the tag's so I can change them?

Comment

Working...
      X