Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edge 820 update to 9.0 has removed bluetooth menu in settings.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge 820 update to 9.0 has removed bluetooth menu in settings.

As in title. Basically the settings/bluetooth menu option has vanished. How can I put the 820 in pairing mode now?

Absolutely beaten by this!

yes and as part of the upgrade they tell you to delete the 820 from your phone to get a better service. brilliant. now can't reconnect it to my phone. It used to take me hours to do it previously now can't connect it at all. great improvement! if you go to the phone menu you can get as far as "completing setup of your edge 820 device" but it then just hangs. created a ticket but so far deathly silence.

Comment

Same issue here. Also my user settings were all set to default (Display layout, second display gone, automatic settings disabled, etc). This is ridiculous. Don't they test new software at Garmin??

Comment

Same problem. Ridiculous indeed.

Comment

Add me to your list. And more concerning to me… from a 1.5 year general history, each succeeding "upgrade/update," has actually eroded the overall performance and functionality of my 820. Therefore, please place functionality and stability over features, and don't announce/promote a release until it's far better vetted

Comment

Me too. Rolled back to V8.70 so I could pair with my phone, now my Connect IQ apps are all jacked up. Need to find a link to V8.80 that fixed this issue.

Comment

I was able to pair my iPhone to my Edge 820, but seems now the Garmin App must be open, otherwise the connection is dropped.

Comment

Hi,
                Got the same problem but then on my iphone, I rejected my Garmin Edge 820 in the Bluetooth list and started a new connection and that worked fine.
                Hope it's ok for you.
                In the Edge 820 :Bluetooth looks now in: Parameter=> Phone=> Pairing phone=>

Comment

I have this problem and have joined the Garmin forum for the first time. From what I can see Garmin never responds with answer/fix/customer service.
                  Is there any point to writing on here or do some people get a result or just buy a better product?

Comment

This had me puzzled for a while. Not sure why they moved it, but bluetooth is now in the connections screen. From the home screen, swipe down. Good luck.
                    , sensors, ANT?+, satellite signals, GPS, signal, smartphone, pairing, Wi-Fi

Comment

Working...
                    X