No announcement yet.

Garmin Connect won't save User or device settings

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Connect won't save User or device settings

I have a Garmin 510 and when I try to change user settings in Garmin Connect, and then press "save"button, I get the following error message.

We're sorry. We had a technical problem, and your changes did not save. Please try again.

No matter how many times I have tried on different days i get the same error.

I'm having this problem too.

Some time ago my bike's power meter was giving crap readings and Garmin calculated way too high FTP from that data. Now I cannot manually re-enter the real FTP using connect. When saving the real FTP value, it always says "We're sorry. We had a technical problem, and your changes did not save. Please try again." - tried various browsers on different days, the error remains.

Comment

same error here, can't change any of the user settings via web..

is garmin looking at it ?

Comment

I have contacted Garmin Support and they have advised to factory reset the Edge 510. I did but nothing happens. I believe its not a device issue but a software one, because I get the same error when I try to change the zones for my forerunner 620.

Not sure if anyone from GARMIN is looking at this forum.

Comment

We appreciate the discussion and are sorry to see that some users are seeing error messages when attempting to adjust device/user settings in Garmin Connect. At this time, we are not able to replicate this issue on our end, but want to continue to investigate to determine why some users are seeing errors.

If possible please provide a screenshot of the error along with the web browser being used. If you haven't already, you may try to test using a different internet browser and clearing the cache.
          Garmin Product Support

Visit the Support Center
          www.garmin.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by GFM1011 View Post
            We appreciate the discussion and are sorry to see that some users are seeing error messages when attempting to adjust device/user settings in Garmin Connect. At this time, we are not able to replicate this issue on our end, but want to continue to investigate to determine why some users are seeing errors.

If possible please provide a screenshot of the error along with the web browser being used. If you haven't already, you may try to test using a different internet browser and clearing the cache.
            Hi Garmin Support,

Please see attached zip file whichgarmin error.zip contains a word document with screen shots

Comment

Dear Support,

were you able to investigate the issue?

Comment

We appreciate you posting the error, it is being investigated to try and determine why some users are getting this error, but other aren't.

Does the error occur if you clear the browser cache, or switch browsers?
                Garmin Product Support

Visit the Support Center
                www.garmin.com/support

Comment

We appreciate you posting the error, it is being investigated to try and determine why some users are getting this error, but other aren't.

Hi

Yes it does.

I tried with Google Chrome and Edge both cleared the cache and tried again.
                  I also tried on different computers.

Also just now i tried with Firefox version 42.0 and i get the same error.

Comment

Dear Support,

do you have any updates please ?

Comment

@Alpente,

I apologize that we do not have any new information to provide at this time. The Garmin Connect team is aware that this issue is occurring for some users and are continuing to investigate to try determine why the error is occurring. I do apologize for not having more information at this time, and for any inconvenience.
                      Garmin Product Support

Visit the Support Center
                      www.garmin.com/support

Comment

@Garmin,

Did you manage to find the cause of error. Is there something we can provide you to help you pin point the cause?

@Alpente,

I apologize that we do not have any new information to provide at this time. The Garmin Connect team is aware that this issue is occurring for some users and are continuing to investigate to try determine why the error is occurring. I do apologize for not having more information at this time, and for any inconvenience.

Comment

Exactly the same problem here. Unable to make any changes to device settings, or at least HR zones, on either my FR230 or Edge 520. Both on latest firmware, etc.

Interestingly, if I update my FTP it gives an error but actually saves the change.

This has been going on for months now and is getting quite frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Filmo View Post
                            Exactly the same problem here. Unable to make any changes to device settings, or at least HR zones, on either my FR230 or Edge 520. Both on latest firmware, etc.

Interestingly, if I update my FTP it gives an error but actually saves the change.

This has been going on for months now and is getting quite frustrating.
                            I know is very frustrating, I experience the same problem the changes are saved but they don't get synced with the device. I have to add manually

I am very disappointed with Garmin support, actually luck of support.

Comment

Issue saving heart rate zones

For me the issue in this thread is comparable. I have been in contact with Garmin Support in the Netherlands, we no solution. They advised to set up a new account... then import all activities again. This is of course unacceptable!

I can see in the heart rate zones that zone 5 is set up as 100%, meaning that this is the same as the max. Changing the values to the right values always ends with (from any browser) with "Something's not quite right. Please find the error above and fix it before saving." meaning I cannot save any of the user settings through the browser app. In the Android App I can save everything, except for the heart rate zones, always get the message "Something went wrong.Please try again."

Think that it is rather easy to solve if someone at Garmin simply throws out the "corrupt data" for the heart rate zones; another solution would be to accept any setting in the browser app and simply store it.

In the attachments:
                              A screenshot of the zones, clear what is wrong, but changing not possible. Wrong Zone Settings.png
                              A screenshot of the error message in the Android App. Android Error.png
                              A screenshot of the browser error. Browser Error.png

I did clear the cache, did try several browser, and tried everything once more with Garmin Support on the phone. No result.

Can Garmin please help?

Thanks,

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X