Default 'Other' activity to be cycle?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default 'Other' activity to be cycle?

Hi,

I have a Vivosmart HR+ which I love for running. I've recently begun cycling and need to differentiate to runs.

The rationale behind this is I have Connect synced with Strava and MyFitnessPal, therefore I would like data to be accurate in all.

At present I log the cycle as a "Run" which pulls in accurate speed data. Whilst I don't mind manually editing in connect, it's a pain editing in all twice a day.

The real kicker is that when Connect does the initial upload and sync, it assigns the wrong calories burned but does not update this data when edited.

Appreciate any advice or automatic(ish) workarounds. Particularly if there would be some way to default the 'Other' activity to be a cycle.

Thanks,

Kevin

I just use other for cycle and then change it to cycle when i give the activity a title etc in connect

Comment

Originally posted by Kancell View Post
      Hi,

I have a Vivosmart HR+ which I love for running. I've recently begun cycling and need to differentiate to runs.

The rationale behind this is I have Connect synced with Strava and MyFitnessPal, therefore I would like data to be accurate in all.

At present I log the cycle as a "Run" which pulls in accurate speed data. Whilst I don't mind manually editing in connect, it's a pain editing in all twice a day.

The real kicker is that when Connect does the initial upload and sync, it assigns the wrong calories burned but does not update this data when edited.

Appreciate any advice or automatic(ish) workarounds. Particularly if there would be some way to default the 'Other' activity to be a cycle.

Thanks,

Kevin

I'm in the same boat with my VivoSport. I have to use the Cardio or Other setting to do my indoor cycling, and then edit the activity type afterward in Garmin Connect. But once I've made my edit in Garmin Connect, the calorie burn changes are never sent to MyFitnessPal. And if I manually delete the Cardio workout from MFP, and manually add a cycling workout of equal calorie burn, it completely messes up my Garmin Calorie Adjustment. It's maddening.

Comment

Working...
      X