Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Export original does not include running power?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export original does not include running power?

Not sure if I'm missing something, perhaps someone knows how to do this: I exported a FIT file from Connect from an activity (recorded with Forerunner 935) that included running power, but after performing "export original" I ended up with a file that does not contain the RP data. However when I copy the file directly from the watch via USB the RP field is present.
    Maybe developer fields are never included?

It has been fixed or I made a mistake; re-tested (with the same file) and this time the export contained all fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinaxx View Post
      It has been fixed or I made a mistake; re-tested (with the same file) and this time the export contained all fields.
      How did you test it was there as I am not seeing it in repairfitfile tool

Comment

I'm afraid my answer will be useless; I use 'homebrew' software made with the FIT SDK. What happened was that after the change I made to the software to display average running power, I validated my results by uploading the same file to Connect to compare. For some reason I did an "export original" of that file and re-ran my software on it: no RP. Used the FIT SDK's FitCSV tool: no RP. Checked the original file from the watch again: RP was there. It wasn't important to me so I forgot about it.

Then the USB port on my FR935 broke and all I had was syncing via the mobile app and then "export original". I expected not to get RP that way, but it was there. Then I uploaded that one FIT file from the first time again (manual upload), and that now also had RP when exported. So I guessed something on Connect had changed.

Comment

Working...
        X