Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explore activities and filter activities?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explore activities and filter activities?

With the old (non-modern) version of connect, you could explore activities on a map. That was one of the ways that I found many of the trails I run. I haven't been able to find any thing like that on the new version. I always went back to the old version explore page from a bookmark. Now it looks like Garmin has finally killed off the page I had bookmarked. Is there anything like that hidden somewhere in the modern Garmin Connect that I'm just not finding?

Also what happened to the filter in my own activities? I used to be able to search for a run that was 8km to 10km, or whichever distances I wanted. That way when I wanted to run a 8km, 10km or whatever in an area I haven't run in a while, it was easy for me to find routes that I was familiar with, and not get parts of my old 10km mixed up with parts of my old 10 mile.

Are these things still in the modern Garmin Connect and I'm just not finding them?

Thanks

Both my old pre-modern explore links and my newer modern explore links died a few days ago. The modern explore links now die and go to what looks like a pre-modern page. The modern explore page is at https://connect.garmin.com/modern/explore i believe.

The activity filters disappeared a while back with latest round of "improvements" to the activities page.

Comment

Originally posted by snowshoebum View Post
      Both my old pre-modern explore links and my newer modern explore links died a few days ago. The modern explore links now die and go to what looks like a pre-modern page. The modern explore page is at https://connect.garmin.com/modern/explore i believe.

The activity filters disappeared a while back with latest round of "improvements" to the activities page.
      and from a recent email discusssion i've had with Garmin Support, we aren't likely to see any improvement in the ability to filter, below is the last reply that i had from them:

Re: Re: inability to filter activities by course <Q#:1000060> << Reference ID: 10458050K1 >>

Inbox x
      garmin x

Product.Support@garmin.com
      14:07 (19 hours ago)

to me

Hello Martin,
      Unfortunately, I can confirm that this feature is no longer on Connect. We are always interested in hearing from our customers about ideas to improve our product offerings. Please tell us more about your suggestion on our Customer Ideas page so our developers and engineers can read about your idea. Thank you for this and any other ideas you may have about how to improve our products.
      Please reply back if you have any further questions or need further assistance. You may also call 1-800-800-1020 or toll free Canada 1-866-429-9296 Monday-Thursday 7:00AM-7:00PM CST Friday 7:00AM-6:00PM CST where an agent can assist you over the phone.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
      Joshua
      Product Support - Fitness Team
      Garmin International
      For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center.

Comment

Really disappointing this features was very useful to study past race course or find path when visiting new places. I can't understand Garmin Policy to continue to ruin what is working.
        In change of what an unuseful and meaningless App?
        Please Fix this bug and export issues too

Comment

I loved this feature, https://connect.garmin.com/minactivities also now doesn't work...
          Why was this feature removed?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLeiser View Post
            I loved this feature, https://connect.garmin.com/minactivities also now doesn't work...
            Why was this feature removed?
            That's a very good question Richard, wish i had an answer, because without that ability connect is pretty much worthless

Comment

I submitted a case to Garmin support and got the boilerplate response, which was to clear the browser cache and restart the computer, etc. I'm sure they didn't even try to replicate the issue.
              Phil M.
              myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
              F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
              nüvi 67LMT

Comment

has not yet been resolved !!

Comment

For what it's worth, I did get a response back from Product.Support@garmin.com after I explained to them that I already did all the things they suggested...

Thank you for the further information. Yes after looking into there is a Garmin Connect web case regarding this issue. I apologize I did not see it on your first contact. I have added you to the current case and hopefully our developers get this resolved as soon as possible.
                  Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
                  Product Support - Fitness Team
                  Garmin International
                  For 24-hour access to sup
                  Last edited by seilogramp; 01-01-2018, 09:56 AM.
                  Phil M.
                  myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
                  F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
                  nüvi 67LMT

Comment

I dont even see the mag glass to search for activities anymore. As if they have removed the entire feature. Now I can only search for my own past activities and not the general public. What a shame, this has been broken/missing for so long.

Comment

You can't find all activities by other users anymore but you can find and download courses created by others which seems to function about the same. Click on training, then courses, scroll the map to the area you're interested in, then on "nearby courses" at the top of the window that slides in from the left side of the screen. From there it functions much like it did in the previous "explore activities".
                      Last edited by dtstager; 01-24-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Isn't it odd that they've fleshed out the Courses section to have full search capability (like Activities used to have), but removed it from Activities totally? Do they realize Courses is speculative, whereas Activities is actual? How many times have you mapped out a course and found roads missing, or impassable? Of course, these are the same people who included sitting at the coffee shop as part of your Average Speed (speed = movement, last I checked). I've always suspected that the "developers" don't use the products. It really shows.

Comment

Working...
                        X