No announcement yet.

Vivoactive HR (Garmin Connect) syncs walks to MapMyFitness as generic

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivoactive HR (Garmin Connect) syncs walks to MapMyFitness as generic

I love my Garmin Vivoavtive HR except for an annoying problem. I walk a lot, and use the proprietary "walk" app to track my walks on the Vivoactive. I track this along with my rides on MapMyFitness. The problem I am having is that all of my walks sync over to MapMyFitness as "generic workout". This is super frustrating as I have to manually switch these to "walk" in MapMyFitness in order to track miles.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I already asked on the Vivoactive HR forum and they said that this is a function of Garmin Connect. Cycling logs in just fine.
    Thanks in advance!
    Pat
    Last edited by patnshan; 09-13-2017, 10:26 AM.

FWIW: I suspect this is a MMF problem not a GC issue.

As I understand it, Garmin pushes new activities to services that you've connected your account to.

So, basically, MMF gets notified when you log a new activity ... and it's MMF's responsibility to interpret the data correctly.

I've got my GC account connected to Strava and it logs the activities correctly.
    I'm riding a metric century (65 miles) in the Chicago Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, and advocacy! Sponsor me by visiting http://garminsig.diabetessucks.net. Any amount is appreciated. Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X