No announcement yet.

How to remove Golf in Garmin Connect?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove Golf in Garmin Connect?

I don't play any golf, if possible to remove it from Garmin Connect (web and Mobile)?

Thanks!

Just want to know how to remove Golf and Quickdraw items.

Comment

It must be to do with your device as neither of those appear on my mobile or desktop versions of connect

Comment

I would like to do this as well. I don't play golf. I will never play golf. Yet it is seen in Garmin Connect as one of three major measures; Activities, Steps, and Golf !

I have a Vivoactive HR. Yes, it supports golf. Garmin must be VERY proud of that capability because you simply can't turn it off in Garmin Connect. And yet, on the device itself you can turn it off, and never see it again. But a sync doesn't turn it off in Garmin Connect. I would think what is hidden on the device should also be hidden in Garmin Connect. Or at least it should be possible to hide it in Device or Account settings.

The whole Garmin ecosystem seems very incomplete and in some cases very poorly thought out. It has a very long way to go before it is a mature environment.
        Sony XZ Premium mobile (G8141), Android 8.0.0, Garmin Connect Mobile 4.4.1

Vivoactive HR, SW Version 4.30,
        GPS Ver 3.10, Display Ver 2.30, TSC Ver 2.20, BLE/ANT 2.40, Sensor Ver 2.80, WHR Vers 10.02.74, Connect IQ 2.4.1

Windows 10 Pro PC, Garmin Express 6.1.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Martinr2 View Post
          It must be to do with your device as neither of those appear on my mobile or desktop versions of connect
          My device and mobile app do not have golf item now, but Connect web version still has golf and quickdraw items.

BTW, every time I set Connect web language to English, but when I connect again then find it is automatically changed back to the language as mobile app.
          If this language automatically changed back issue is default function?

Comment

Hi,
            Any news about this? im coming from Polar Flow and dude, i lkove my F5 but Garmin Connect is much less cleaner, minimalist and intuitive than PW.
            Best regards,

Comment

I too would like to be able to remove golf from the GC interface. It doesn't make sense that it's there.

Comment

...while we are at it: I would enjoy a cycling tab (which maybe then just shows my cycling activities) instead of a Golf tab (as I never did touch a golf club in my while life, and likely never will.)
                This Golf tab- at the same level as Activity and Health - annoys me immensely (with cycling - my one and only sport being buried somewhere deep in "activities".)
                Should I feel less as a human that I do not care about Golf, clearly one of the 3 pillars of life?

(seriously, there are posts about getting rid of the Golf tab already in 2015. Clearly, Golfers are the favorite customers of Garmin...)

Comment

Originally posted by JesseWang View Post
                  I don't play any golf, if possible to remove it from Garmin Connect (web and Mobile)?

Thanks!
                  Is there really no news on this? Back when I had a vivoactive I thought it was just Garmin's way of showing me I bought their budget product, but now I have a F5 and I still have Golf clutter in the app. They can't be serious.

Comment

The last time I contacted Garmin Support about this (which was a couple years ago) there was no way to remove it; once you have a device that has the "Golf" activity profile, you're stuck with it being there (even if you never use the feature...or get rid of the device).
                    Keep moving!!

- John

Comment

I hope Garmin will notice our wish to remove this annoying golf tab. I'm practicing running, swimming and bicycling only, so I would like to hide the golf tab as well. Moreover, why the Routes are now hidden in Training tab? It doesn't make sense - usually when I'm following a route, I do not ride intervals.

Comment

+1

Comment

+1 Make it removable.

Comment

Yes, it annoys me too ! I'd like cycling and running tabs in Garmin Connect, but not golf ! Many, many people have requested this Garmin, so why can't it be done ? Do you listen to your clients ?

Comment

I'm with you, remove golf!

Comment

Working...
                              X