using different garmin devices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using different garmin devices

im after a bit of advise / help, i enjoy both road cycling and mountain biking, which i keep seperate on strava , i have a strava account for each, for my road riding i use a garmin edge 1000 with sensors, which auto uploads to strava, and for my mountain biking i have just purchased a vivoactive hr watch, my querry is there a way to set the watch data to upload to my mountain biking strava account

phil

Sure. Just connect your garmin account with your Mountain biking account. Are you going to also have 2 garmin accounts? Otherwise, it's not going to go to a separate account.

Comment

As Phil said, just use the same garmin account. I have my edge on the same acct as watches. If you record the same ride on both devices, only save it on one, or you'll wind up with duplicates.
      My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
      Facebook - Instagram -
      Twitter

Comment

my plan is to use my edge only for road rides and the watch only for mountain biking, so wont get duplicate rides, but both will auto update to my garmin account which in turn is linked to my road strava, just thought id ask the question if it was possible to link 2 strava accounts linked to different , exercise disciplines

Comment

The problem will be that you can only connect (pardon the pun) 1 to 1. So if you have 2 Strava accounts, you're going to need 2 Connect accounts to sync with 2 Strava accounts. It's gong to get pretty clumsy.

Why wouldn't you just combine your Strava accounts into one? What's the advantage of 2 accounts?

Comment

Working...
          X