X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is good News!
    Just tried it and finally works. THX!

Using a Lumia 950 with Windows Mobile 10.0.14342.1001 and Garmin Edge 520

Comment

• Just want to confirm that this new build of Windows Phone insider preview also now works for me on my Lumia 830.

Very excited to see activity syncing working also.

Comment

• Yay, my 950 now connects to my Edge 1000.

Anyone with a 950 and Edge get the SMS notifications?

I was able to upload a ride via bluetooth after a few tries...

Comment

• Live tracking worked, as well, until my phone disconnected and I didn't bother to reconnect. (950 and Edge 1000)

Comment

• Any news for the compatiblity with FR220 ans 620 ?

Comment

• Problems with notfications

Hi, i have a 640 LTE winth windos 10 mobile (1511 version) and a vivosmart HR, from the lasted update of the app i have lost the notifications, I only have he rings notifications. When i try to enable them, the app warning me with this message: "smart notifications are not fully compatible with the device"
              I have tried to reinstall the app, but the problem persist. Anyone have the same problem or konw how to fix it? Thanks

Comment

• Not able to upload activities

Since last gcm update I'm not able to upload activities.
                I own an edge 510 and a lumia 950, I was used to connect them throughout Bluetooth, go to 510, open last activity and upload it.
                Now I do not have any upload option on the edge.
                I paired it again with the phone, but nothing happened.

Any suggestion apart from connect the edge to the pc and sync it with gc?

Solved, re-installed the app on the phone and re-paired the edge with the phone.
                Now everything is working.

After a few days everything stopped to work. I reinstalled everything and after a few days it stopped.

How can I pair my phone with the edge?
                Please issue an update to fix the problem.
                Last edited by MGORZA; 06-29-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Hi all, New Vivoactive HR user here.
                  After coming from fitbit, I have a couple of questions regarding connect if you don't mind...
                  1)Should the app and watch sync automatically at certain intervals? Mine only syncs when I physically open the app(its always open in the background), this is confirmed by the live tile not updating until I manually sync.
                  2)Should I get notifications to my phone eg "1234 steps to reach your goal" or "Battery low" etc? Or is this deemed unnecessary as the watch has a screen displaying these stats?
                  I guess I'm just getting used to the transition from fitbit to garmin.

Cheers
                  Gaz

Comment

• Originally posted by G_Chandler View Post
                    Hi all, New Vivoactive HR user here.
                    After coming from fitbit, I have a couple of questions regarding connect if you don't mind...
                    1)Should the app and watch sync automatically at certain intervals? Mine only syncs when I physically open the app(its always open in the background), this is confirmed by the live tile not updating until I manually sync.
                    2)Should I get notifications to my phone eg "1234 steps to reach your goal" or "Battery low" etc? Or is this deemed unnecessary as the watch has a screen displaying these stats?
                    I guess I'm just getting used to the transition from fitbit to garmin.

Cheers
                    Gaz
                    1) my advice is Do not keep the app in background, only open the app when you want to sync with the watch. The notifications mobile-> watch work even with the app closed and you will save a lot of battery. Sometimes you need to open the app sync and close the app to force a bluetooth detection. The sync is rather slow since it's a watch->connect mobile->connect sync and sometimes fails you can wait or go to the mobile app vivoactive definitions and force a sync;

2) No, it's unnecessary since the watch has all the information. The Vivoactive is not a band but a smartwatch so it has much more information and it's less dependent on the mobile App.

I'm using a 950 with release insider and a vivoactive with 2.65 beta
                    Last edited by jose.cboliveira; 07-01-2016, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Datafield Settings

Last week I configured a data field directly from the GC Win Monile app, but now I can't find where I did that.

Can anyone help, I need to change a setting for a race, and have no PC with Garmin Express anywhere near.

Comment

• How to change settings for a particular Connect IQ data field

Garmin Devices {Connected device} ConnectIQ™ Apps
                        Data Fields
                        ————
                        {Data field in question} Settings

Comment

• Originally posted by ASmugDill View Post

Garmin Devices {Connected device} ConnectIQ™ Apps
                          Data Fields
                          ————
                          {Data field in question} Settings
                          I thought that's where it was.

Unfortunately, it seems clicking on the "connected device" no longer does anything only the 'device settings' and 'user settings' options are active at that level.

I'm on version 1.6.3.0 of the app.

Comment

• I was also (and still am) using v1.6.3.0 when I tested and wrote the above yesterday

Originally posted by FUNKYMAGIC-UK View Post
                            Unfortunately, it seems clicking on the "connected device" no longer does anything only the 'device settings' and 'user settings' options are active at that level.
                            Sorry, but that sounds self-contradictory.

GarminDevices only takes the user to a list of paired devices (irrespective of whether they are individually connected at the time). Tapping on a device in that list doessomething – it brings up a new screen/page with the selectable items of:
                            Connect IQ™ Apps
                            Device Settings
                            User Settings
                            which you implied you're seeing.

Now, if the paired Garmin device you selected is not actually connected, then when you tap on Connect IQ™ Apps it should dosomething else – present the user with an error message stating:
                            Device Not Connected
                            To manage your Connect IQ™ apps,
                            you must first connect your device.

If that is not your experience, then perhaps it would help us help you if you can show us some screenshots of what you see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASmugDill View Post
                              Sorry, but that sounds self-contradictory.

GarminDevices only takes the user to a list of paired devices (irrespective of whether they are individually connected at the time). Tapping on a device in that list doessomething – it brings up a new screen/page with the selectable items of:
                              Connect IQ™ Apps
                              Device Settings
                              User Settings
                              which you implied you're seeing.

Now, if the paired Garmin device you selected is not actually connected, then when you tap on Connect IQ™ Apps it should dosomething else – present the user with an error message stating:
                              Device Not Connected
                              To manage your Connect IQ™ apps,
                              you must first connect your device.

If that is not your experience, then perhaps it would help us help you if you can show us some screenshots of what you see.
                              Yup, meant to say that the Connect IQ Apps option wasn't available.

Comment

• Garmni connect mobile 1.10.1

It also updates the version for Win 10, 1.10.0, have definitely taken off smart notifications...

Comment

Working...
                                X