Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin Connect Windows Phone

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 950XL Garmin Connect cannot see the Edge 810 even though Bluetooth paired

I've successfully paired the 810 with my 950 XL via Bluetooth. No matter what I try though the Garmin Connect app never sees the device. I've restarted/deleted pairings both the phone and the 810. Still nothing.

It's like Garmin are teasing Windows Phone users. You've waited years to have a device that is supported and look at what you could have...but it doesn't work.

Sigh.
    wp_ss_20160226_0001.pngwp_ss_20160226_0002.png

Comment

• Answering my own question...?

Just found this which doesn't list the 810 or other Edge devices. WTF?
      http://static.garmin.com/gcm/BLE_Windows.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by ROBERTC17 View Post
        I've successfully paired the 810 with my 950 XL via Bluetooth. No matter what I try though the Garmin Connect app never sees the device. I've restarted/deleted pairings both the phone and the 810. Still nothing.

It's like Garmin are teasing Windows Phone users. You've waited years to have a device that is supported and look at what you could have...but it doesn't work.

Sigh.
        [ATTACH]32594[/ATTACH][ATTACH]32595[/ATTACH]
        Yes, I experience axactly the same and asked about the issue here withhout any official response :-(
        https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...-appear-in-App

Comment

• App keeps crashing

Have any of you windows users experienced Garmin Connect continuously crashing lately? It'll pair with my Forerunner 920xt but then the app crashes. I have restarted my phone and watch. It still crashes. I uninstalled and installed Garmin Connect but it still crashes. It won't stay up if my phone goes to sleep, and while I'm in the middle of looking at it, it will crash.

Anyone else?
          I'm messaged Garmin about this, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Comment

• Edge 810 Bluetooth problems

Hi,

Have an Edge 810 and a windows phone lumia 640 but bluetooth is constantly disconecting. Can pair but cannot maintain connection. Any similar problems and situations?

Best Regards

Comment

• Lumia 640 + Fenix 3 = Slow notifications

I have a Lumia 640 LTE paired with a Fenix 3 (v.6.90) and althought it seems to sync well, notifications take a few seconds to appear on the watch, wich makes them pointless. Sometimes they don't even show up. ¿Anyone else with this problem?

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lockpau View Post
                …*notifications take a few seconds to appear on the watch, wich makes them pointless.
                There is (sometimes) a delay, but I don't think it makes them pointless. If someone sends me an SMS or e-mail – which are asynchronous forms of communication – what does it matter the notifications are delayed for a few seconds or even a minute? The delay in delivery of (SMS and e-mail) messages from the network to the mobile phone handset already carries an ‘indefinite’ delay with no guaranteed timeframe, so it's not as if people are relying on their running watches to conduct a real-time two-way chat. The only time one could argue that delays in ‘notifications’ from the handset are a real issue is when an incoming call is received, and instead of pulling out the handset to see who's calling before answering, the Garmin user is waiting to see the caller's ID on the watch before answering using a wireless headset or wired handsfree kit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASmugDill View Post
                  There is (sometimes) a delay, but I don't think it makes them pointless. If someone sends me an SMS or e-mail – which are asynchronous forms of communication – what does it matter the notifications are delayed for a few seconds or even a minute? The delay in delivery of (SMS and e-mail) messages from the network to the mobile phone handset already carries an ‘indefinite’ delay with no guaranteed timeframe, so it's not as if people are relying on their running watches to conduct a real-time two-way chat. The only time one could argue that delays in ‘notifications’ from the handset are a real issue is when an incoming call is received, and instead of pulling out the handset to see who's calling before answering, the Garmin user is waiting to see the caller's ID on the watch before answering using a wireless headset or wired handsfree kit.
                  At least in my case the delay is not "sometimes" but always, and sometimes they don't even come up, so for me as it is right now it's not a reliable system. I don't really care about email notifications, I actually have them turned off. At least here in Spain we don't use SMS's anymore as much, everyone uses WhatsApp and for some reason those notifcations take longer to come up. This, althought it bothers me, is not the bigest deal, the issue really is with calls. Most of the time before I can see who's calling on my watch the other person has already hung up. Not only that, sometimes it just loses connection and I have to reset my phone. So yeah, for me it makes them pointless as they are right now.
                  My complaint comes because I have tried my Fenix 3 with and Android device and with that phone it worked flawlessly. Sometimes the notification would even come up half a second before it even appeared on the phone.
                  I just want to know if this is a common issue with windows phones.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lockpau View Post
                    I don't really care about email notifications, I actually have them turned off. At least here in Spain we don't use SMS's anymore as much,
                    Well, some of us do, so when you say, “notifications take a few seconds to appear on the watch, wich makes them pointless” we have to regard the claim as having a broader scope than just for incoming calls, but also include missed calls, new voicemail, text/SMS messages, meeting reminders, new e-mail, and from other apps as well.

everyone uses WhatsApp and for some reason those notifcations take longer to come up.
                    Sorry, I can't tell you how well or poorly notifications perform on my watch for WhatsApp, since I don't use it.

This, althought it bothers me, is not the bigest deal, the issue really is with calls. Most of the time before I can see who's calling on my watch the other person has already hung up.
                    As an experiment, I just called my crappy, old, budget-end Lumia 532 (now running Windows 10 Mobile technical preview, in order to run Garmin Connect Mobile) thrice, and timed the lag between hearing the ringtone and seeing the incoming call notification on my watch.

First trial: 14.3 seconds
                    Second trial: 9.7 seconds
                    Third trial: 7.1 seconds

Not only that, sometimes it just loses connection and I have to reset my phone.
                    Funnily enough, I had more problems getting the more capable Lumia 920 – which I recently retired – to stay connected and also (when required) get reconnected to my FR235 via BLE, than I do now with the Lumia 532.

I just want to know if this is a common issue with windows phones.
                    I don't know if it's common, sorry. Even if two dozen fellow forum members relate here that they observed a ten-second lag on average, does that make it common if three thousand other Garmin Connect Mobile for Windows Phone users don't report it?

Comment

• Vivoactive not syncing

Managed to connect Vivoactive (v3.40) to GCM on a Lumia 535 upgraded to the general release version using the Upgrade Advisor. Notifications and livetrack work. Sync happens but doesn't upload the data so still need to use Garmin Express for this.

Tried restarting both devices, and re-pairing but it still doesn't work.

I will try re-installing GCM.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Re-installing GCM made no difference...

Originally posted by PubBike View Post
                        I will try re-installing GCM.
                        Re-installing GCM didn't help, but then I didn't restart the phone after uninstalling so maybe it left some "residue".

Comment

• http://www.windowscentral.com/garmin...t-more-devices

Comment

• Update to GCM for W10 1.4 didn't help

Updated GCM to 1.4 on Lumia 535. Sync of activities on Vivoactive v3.4 still doesn't work, but get notifications, calendar, weather, and live track works.

Comment

• launch of the new GC mobile version on iOS and Android - and at the same time for WP10, too!

thanks, Garmin, love it!

Comment

• But still no internet access for ConnectIQ apps.
                                I want to use Maps. But with the Windows version of Garmin Connect Mobile there's no chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X