No announcement yet.

Creators Update

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creators Update

Got the Creator's update and decided to try going back to my Lumia 950 for syncing with the Vivoactive HR. I'm getting reliable syncing now for about 24hrs, which is an improvement to what I was seeing on intermediate insider builds.
    The bad news, still no music controls, no push notifications. Occasionally, I'll get weather, calendar events, and a notifications page with historical notifications (or "No Notifications"), but that seems to only show after a recent sync.

The same over here.

Comment

I also had these issues so I decided to uninstall the app and start over. DON'T DO THIS!! Once I did that it could not detect that bluetooth was turned on and and I can't setup my device. So I am stuck in a worse spot now because I can't sync and have to use garmin express.

Things were finally working well with WM 14393 and Garmin Connect 3.17.0.0. My only complaint with this combo was slow notifications (sometimes 30 to 60 seconds), weather sometimes wouldn't sync, and music controls would sometimes transmit multiple times after a 30-60 second delay (i.e. I would hit stop, which would work, but 30 seconds later the music would start again or I would hit next, which would work, but 45 seconds later it would skip to the next song again).

Comment

After uninstall the app make sure that you delete VAHR from Bluetooth devices then install the app.

It worked with me.

Comment

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times on the Slow Ring with no issues.

Comment

I might be clinging to hope to the point of delusion, but the news the Creator's Update rollout has been suspended temporarily due to issues with Bluetooth connectivity might be good news if a fix applies to mobile as well.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...zesmISKUM1s.97

Comment

Thanks, deleting VAHR from bluetooth was the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxGBB View Post
                I might be clinging to hope to the point of delusion, but the news the Creator's Update rollout has been suspended temporarily due to issues with Bluetooth connectivity might be good news if a fix applies to mobile as well.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...zesmISKUM1s.97
                That article is for the Desktop version of Windows 10 Creators. Not Windows 10 Mobile which didn't start rolling out till the morning of April 26th (I guess still technically the 25th in Redmond). First to Insiders on the release ring, then to non-insiders primarily those with unlocked phones. The carrier locked phones which technically don't controller or block updates usually get it about a week later after giving the carriers a chance to test, after that delays only occur if the carrier found a problem. As for PCs Microsoft has directly asked people not to manually upgrade to the creators update as there might be a known driver or compatibility issue with the hardware moving those devices to the back of the several month long line for the roll out to ensure enough time is given for the manufacturers to resolve the problem with firmware or bios updates or work with Microsoft on additional patches to Windows itself.

Comment

Strange thing... Yesterday I decided to revert my Device (Nokia Lumia 950XL) back to Anniversary Update and then install the Creators Update. After installing my backup and pair my Fenix 5 again I get some Notifications. I do not know yet how reliable those are but at least it seems the current Creators Update build allows Garmin to forward them to the watch. Unfortunately the sync is not working most of the times, only sometimes I get a green bar claiming that sync was successful.

Still waiting for an updated version of Garmin Connect Mobile app...

Comment

It's strange, but I wasn't able to sync my Fenix 5S both on my Lumia 950 and PC/Tablet.
                    In case of Lumia 950 I get an "error sync" message every time I try to sync it. Please see the snapshot below.

wp_ss_20170501_0001.jpg

On PC/Tablet I can't even pair the watch within the app. After the pairing the app hangs and doesn't load anymore.
                    The only workaround is to use Garmin Express via the cable.

Is there any solution to make Garmin UWP app working at least somewhere?

Thanks,
                    Dmitry
                    Attached Files

Comment

So far notifications are coming in, but a little bit late. After hearing sound on mobile it takes approx 30-60 seconds until the notification reaches the watch. Sync still not working most of the time...

Comment

Connect Mobile for Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update

Updated to the Creators Update yesterday and the Bluetooth radio is managed differently now.
                        I do not have the option to tap on a device in the Settings to connect to that device. Instead, connections are managed by the app.

It appears that Connect Mobile connects to the Vivosmart HR+ long enough to sync data and if I change a setting, I can force synchronization.
                        Not sure I like this, but it is what it is.

What I do not like is that I cannot connect my Forerunner 235. The app goes through the initial setup screens but when it begins to connect to the FR235 the little running man just keeps running.

I've removed the FR235 and reconnected it several times with no success. I am not going to uninstall Connect Mobile for fear that I will not be able to reconnect the Vivosmart HR+.

In reading up on the Creators Update, it sounds like Garmin needs to update the Connect Mobile app to allow for constant BT connections. Could be wrong but has anyone heard of any solutions in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop004 View Post
                          Updated to the Creators Update yesterday and the Bluetooth radio is managed differently now.
                          I do not have the option to tap on a device in the Settings to connect to that device. Instead, connections are managed by the app.

It appears that Connect Mobile connects to the Vivosmart HR+ long enough to sync data and if I change a setting, I can force synchronization.
                          Not sure I like this, but it is what it is.

What I do not like is that I cannot connect my Forerunner 235. The app goes through the initial setup screens but when it begins to connect to the FR235 the little running man just keeps running.

I've removed the FR235 and reconnected it several times with no success. I am not going to uninstall Connect Mobile for fear that I will not be able to reconnect the Vivosmart HR+.

In reading up on the Creators Update, it sounds like Garmin needs to update the Connect Mobile app to allow for constant BT connections. Could be wrong but has anyone heard of any solutions in the works?
                          So yeah, you're right! Garmin's software must be rewritten with the latest version of SDK to work with the CU https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...ZBFVLxzwBQX.97. But it does not seem to happen. We can only wait ...

Comment

Well... one can only hope that Garmin can update the Windows 10 Mobile app soon and we can enjoy reliable push notifications.

I wonder if Garmin could chime in on things?

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop004 View Post
                              Well... one can only hope that Garmin can update the Windows 10 Mobile app soon and we can enjoy reliable push notifications.

I wonder if Garmin could chime in on things?
                              Since I am on this forum I have never seen anybody from Garmin posting anything, especially not about the Windows Mobile app

Comment

Working...
                              X