Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edge 520 / iPhone x Connection Freezing Device

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto here. Edge 520 + iphone 7. Seems to work OK until the phone connects, then the 520 freezes and becomes unresponsive, and the phone loses the connection.

Comment

Same here for me. I have disconnected form phone and garmin device works fine. Am eagerly awaiting a fix

Comment

I have the same problem here! I am using iPhone 8 Plus and Edge 520. Any solution?

Comment

Same here, iPhone 6s, it sucks but glad to hear I’m not alone, hoping for a solution soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_de_Jager View Post
            I tested this now on my Edge 520 with iPhone X as well as with Huawei Mate 20 Pro, I get the same Error on both devices.
            update.
            I had a chat with Garmin online, I was told that Huawei has known issues, I tried to explain that it worked 100% for months, also on the iPhone. Referred me to dial a number in the UK. Interesting is that my Garmin 935 is still working fine, after the latest upgrade.
            Good to know we can pretty much rule out it’s the phone or IOS. It would be less likely Apple would care enough to address and fix Garmin users with iPhone connection issues any time soon. I’m hoping it’s a bug affecting many people out there and the devs are onto it now.

Comment

Before I had this issue my Garmin Edge 520 was saying the Incident Detection had not been set up even though I had set it up and had emergency contact saved. Initially I ignored this issue, then today my Garmin started freezing when the phone connected, I tried restarting it and it did fix once.

Then when I tested it again (turned it off then back on) to see what would happen it froze once again when the phone connected. I thought maybe there is a connection between the incident detection issue and the garmin freezing issue. With this in mind I deleted all the contacts I had on my Garmin Connect app (I only had the 3 emergency contacts) thus deleting the contacts from the Incident Detection. I then reset the Incident Detection by re-adding the contacts to my garmin connect app and adding them as emergency contacts.

Since then I have tested my garmin 520 and it no longer says that the Incident Detection is not set up and it has not frozen when the phone connects. (I have switched it on and off a number of times now to see if it freezes again but it appears to be working fine fingers crossed).

Nevertheless it should be in Garmin's interest to provide a proper fix to this issue, especially given the number of users moving to other bike computer suppliers.

I hope this helps (It seemed to work for me, can't guarantee this will work for everyone)

Comment

Hi Guys, just back after a morning cycle, sadly I'm having the same problem with my 520 and iPhone 5 se. Switched the 520 on it goes through the normal sequence then when it connects to the phone it freezes. Luckily, I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR watch, I had it switched on and synced with my HR band, cadence and speed otherwise I would have had nothing to show for my ride. Please Garmin get this fiasco sorted before the weekend.......Garmin Connect app update 4.15 caused my problem, my 520 and iPhone 5se worked ok until the update, software update 12.90.
                Last edited by Kinnegar17; 02-11-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Same issue here! I have connected last Tuesday for an indoor training and everything was working fine. On Saturday it was freezing when the message "phone connected" appeared on the screen. I'm using an Iphone X with iOS 12.1.4 and Edge 520 with 12.90.

Comment

Originally posted by EddMH View Post
                    Before I had this issue my Garmin Edge 520 was saying the Incident Detection had not been set up even though I had set it up and had emergency contact saved. Initially I ignored this issue, then today my Garmin started freezing when the phone connected, I tried restarting it and it did fix once.

Then when I tested it again (turned it off then back on) to see what would happen it froze once again when the phone connected. I thought maybe there is a connection between the incident detection issue and the garmin freezing issue. With this in mind I deleted all the contacts I had on my Garmin Connect app (I only had the 3 emergency contacts) thus deleting the contacts from the Incident Detection. I then reset the Incident Detection by re-adding the contacts to my garmin connect app and adding them as emergency contacts.

Since then I have tested my garmin 520 and it no longer says that the Incident Detection is not set up and it has not frozen when the phone connects. (I have switched it on and off a number of times now to see if it freezes again but it appears to be working fine fingers crossed).

Nevertheless it should be in Garmin's interest to provide a proper fix to this issue, especially given the number of users moving to other bike computer suppliers.

I hope this helps (It seemed to work for me, can't guarantee this will work for everyone)
                    Wonderful EddMH I've followed your suggestion and now all it's OK. Thanks a lot from Italy!

Comment

Followed EddMH’s workaround - seems to work on mine! Many thanks ????

Comment

Originally posted by ptdavies View Post
                        Followed EddMH’s workaround - seems to work on mine! Many thanks ????
                        Glad it worked!!

Comment

Wish Id read this before I did the factory reset. Have to reset all my profiles. Same issue with iPhoneX following App update

Honestly Garmin- this is pretty basic bug fixing with upto date mobile devices. You should immediately withdraw the app update and rollback to previous version until you sort out the incident detection warning and freezing the Test, test and test again! Be proactive, don't wait for your users to get frustrated, it will kill your reputation.

Does anyone from Garmin read and/or take any notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Raffi55 View Post

Wonderful EddMH I've followed your suggestion and now all it's OK. Thanks a lot from Italy!
                            Cheers EddMH, I've just tried deleting my emergency contacts and disabled the incident detection. All seems to be working fine after pairing to my iphone X now.
                            Fingers X that I don't ever need to use that incident detection functionality hey!!! C'mon Garmin fix this bug ASAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EddMH View Post

Just did this and now it’s working fine!! Many thanks!!

Comment

We have confirmed that the work around that is posted above (that is if you remove emergency contacts this seems to resolve the issue) does resolve the issue. Our engineers are still looking into what caused the problem and hope to have a resolution in a future app update.

Comment

Working...
                                X