Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin Connect Sync on iOS 11

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had my Fenix 3 for more than two years, it has been the best Garmin device I have ever owned (except I needed to replace ad dead one once).
    Last months I am mostly unable to communicate between iPhone X and Fenix 3. Phone says connected in Bluetooth settings, Fenix 3 even says Connected when rebooting it but nothing inside Garmin Connect.
    Fenix 3 | Edge 1000 | Nüvi 3597LMT | GPSMap 276C | iQue 3600

Comment

• Is Garmin even considering fixing this?

I bought the watch and thought I got something well designed, it turns out not doing the basic update automatically.
      Most of the time the weather information is not available, and after a sport activity it won't sync until I do it manually from the phone (iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11).

In the future I am definitely going to Apple Watch, no reason to get a smart watch that is dumb.

Comment

• I use the Fenix 5x and up to last week all was Hunky Dory with the app, however now the "My Device" screen is firmly parked just out of sight at the bottom of the screen & the app hasn't synced for 4 days now. It seems ridiculous that this app has constant problems.

Comment

• Fenix 3 - 8.70
          iPhone 8 iOS 11.2.5
          Garment Connect 4.3

I'm having the same issue now, I've had no problems for the past 3 months. I still receive smart notifications, but when I hit sync – nothing happens. Looking in the sync log, it appears that device connects, but no data is transferred.

Fix it.

Comment

• Garmin Forerunner 235. New as of Friday. Updated to version 7.60

Iphone 6. IOS is up to date.

Garmin Connect.

Watch is connected. Apps and faces installed no problem. Messages from phone to watch come through ok. However, nothing is going back from the watch to the App. Syncing manually does nothing. No data.

No sleep, steps or any activities are syncing back to the App. After 1.5 hrs on the phone this morning to Garmin Support I'm no further. Very disappointed so far. Tempted to send the watch back as it doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Comment

• Same issue here. Must close Connect and then reopen for it to sync. Otherwise, the app says it's not connected even though Bluetooth claims it is. It syncs immediately after reopening Garmin Connect.
              Michael Cleveland
              Mettmenstetten, Switzerland
              http://www.spokwerks.com

Comment

• Fenix 3 - 8.70

iP7+ using iOS 11.2.5
                iPadPro using iOS 11.2.5

Garmin Connect 4.3.0

Can sync. my runs on both devices BUT
                unable to edit them since 2.9.18 > GRRRRR ..........

eta also posted in another thread here, more is better IMO.

Last edited by MBG61; 02-13-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Same Problems Garmin Fenix 2 w/ 4.50.0.0 and ios 11.2.5 - bluetooth sync does not work. Send my Garmin back to vendor received new Garmin fenix 2. Still not working. #nothappy

Comment

• I've had a Forerunner 230 for almost two years connecting perfectly to my (now defunct) Nexus 5. Decided to move to iPhone 8. IOS is 11.2.5, Forerunner is 7.60. Have never been able to connect the Forerunner to iPhone despite restarting both, reinstalling Garmin Mobile on the iPhone and Garmin Connect on the Mac, nothing works. Most of you seem to have it actually connected and paired (at least intermittently) but I cannot get any connection at all. Not a Bluetooth problem on the watch because it still connects to Android just fine. Anyone else in this boat? Thinking seriously about abandoning Garmin and going for the Apple Watch (not my desired choice, up to this point the FR has been meeting my needs perfectly). Thanks.

Comment

• hi all, i havent read any issue detected while sync via Bluetooth a Fenix 3HR. the running activity (occurs just for the one longer then usual) are sent for sync but not showed. the activity report refers an NETWORK CONNECTION ERROR- Thanks

Comment

• I found a fix! I had to reboot the watch. This isn't obvious since the watch has never run out of battery for me. I just held down the light button for a few seconds and it gave me an option to shut off. When it came back - sync worked.

For clarity - my bluetooth was connected prior, notifications worked but it had stopped syncing data for 2 weeks. I have a 735XT and running latest IOS on an iphone 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjwolf22 View Post
                          I found a fix! I had to reboot the watch. This isn't obvious since the watch has never run out of battery for me. I just held down the light button for a few seconds and it gave me an option to shut off. When it came back - sync worked.

For clarity - my bluetooth was connected prior, notifications worked but it had stopped syncing data for 2 weeks. I have a 735XT and running latest IOS on an iphone 7.
                          Are you doing anything here other than restarting? I regularly get problems where I have to disconnect devices restart the phone, restart the watch, and then try to add it. It is getting more and more flaky.

Sometimes I have to sync to my computer rather than my watch when the time gets messed up.

It is really feeling like Garmin doesn't want my business if it doesn't fix this. It is just getting worse and worse. My wife had to replace 3 25s because they kept breaking and synching kept breaking.

Comment

• I'm afraid it's rather also an iOS problem - since I updated my iPhone 6 to 11.2.6 * and my Fenix 5 to 8.00 (included BLE/ANT/SNS 5.90 **) and GMC 4.3.1.5 I'm facing again with connectivity problems between F5 and iPhone. Only a reboot or resync (deleting the BT connection on the phone) establish a connection again.
                            Correction: stopping BT on the F5, start it again a few minutes later and starting GCM "solve" it also - until the next breaking BT connection
                            Note that the update to iOS 11.2.6 was AFTER (!) my phone was already on FW 8.0 and BLE 5.90.
                            End of last week or begin of this I also updated the GCM to 4.3.1.5 - but I'm quite sure that this not cause the problem, because I lose the connection direct on the phone (in the Bluetooth settings).

* 11.2.6 "Fixes an issue where some third-party apps could fail to connect to external accessories"

** BLE/ANT/SNS 5.90 I think I saw somewhere in this forum that, withunder other improvements, also should fix the Bluetooth connectivity
                            Last edited by tiefflieger666; 03-02-2018, 07:53 AM. Reason: See "correction".

Comment

• A few months later and it does still an issue.

I guess it will never get fixed, like Garmin Index.

Comment

• I see current HR, steps etc in my GC but no activities are synced. I have latest GC and iOS. Syncing last several minutes, no errors are shown but activities are missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X