Update Bluetooth Connection in Connect Mobile for Android

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Garmin 735XT with Meizu 7 Pro Plus (Android 7) - GCM lost connection with the Garmin after few minutes of connection. IF you kill the GCM service, and it is restarted, the watch is connected, but then disconnected with no option to be connected again. Any idea ? Did all restarts (watch, phone, uninstall the GCM and re-install) and nothing helps. Any idea please ? Thank you

Comment

• I have a new fenix 3hr but is Impossibile to connect with my huawei p9lite and also with the app. A lot of user have this problem, please repair it. Thanks

Comment

• I cannot pair my Fenix 5 with my HUAWEI P10 Lite, I'm really disappointed,please fix this issue as soon as possible. My phone detects the FENIX 5, but GARMIN CONNECT APP says that device is not in range.

Comment

• Hello, even with my P9Lite I can not connect any of my Garmin devices (Fenix2, Fenix 5x, Vivosmart HR) via Bluetooth.
          It works fine with an iphone.
          When will a fix come?

Best regards Joerg

Comment

• I cannot connect my vivosport FW 2.70 with my samsung a3 2017 android nougat 7.

Comment

• Forerunner 935, Samsung galaxy s8, android 7.0. Watch connects. If I get out of range of the phone, watch refuses to reconnect. I have to go the whole way to re-pair the watch to the phone. Last app update totally broke the Bluetooth connection..... AGAIN!

Comment

• I have Garmin Expix 3.40, and i can't pair it with HUAWEI P10 Lite 7.0. App 4.1.8. I think 2 weeks ago it works properly.

Comment

• I have the same problem as everyone posting. A vivoactive HR worked great with my Moto G5 plus until garmin update a few weeks back, now connects first time then never again. What a waste of time.
                  It works fine with my Win10 Phone but not with any andriods I have so must be a Garmin Software problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItzikSadeh View Post
                    with Meizu 7 Pro Plus (Android 7) - GCM lost connection with the Garmin after few minutes of connection.
                    Meizu has in its FlymeOS built-in proprietary security app. In order to make work apps in background (also notifications etc.) you need to allow it in this security app. Perhaps you already check this option, but of didn't - that's the right way to mitigate lost connection problem after a few minutes.

Comment

• Is there an ETA to fix the bluetooth pairing problems on Huawei phones? I have a Honor6x and cannot pair my Vivoactive 3 no matter what I do. Should I return the Vivoactive and buy some other brand?

Comment

• I had Iphone. It did not keep pairing on. Now I have Honor 8 lite.
                        It is not pairing with Garmin Connect.

what to do ?

Comment

• I bought Fenix 5 watch (sw ver. 6.00 - d376ccb). My watch doesn't pair with my Huawei (Android ver. 7.0, ver. EMUI 5.0, Garmin Connect ver. 4.1.9). Any advise? Wait for update garmin connect or android in my mobile or watch softweare? Other advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by jstpassaro View Post
                            Forerunner 935, Samsung galaxy s8, android 7.0. Watch connects. If I get out of range of the phone, watch refuses to reconnect. I have to go the whole way to re-pair the watch to the phone.
                            Exactly the same behaviour of my wife's FR35, moto droid turbo, android 6. If connection is lost it never reconnects. Have to reboot the phone (watch reboot doesn't help).
                            FR935 with the same phone model but android 5 and earlier GC version - no issues

Comment

• Might have found a potential short term fix. Clear the app cache manually and then try toggleing the BT on the phone and the watch. Watch connected right away after clearing the phone apps cache.

Comment

• +1 for connection issues.

tablet running android 7.1.1 Bluetooth connection is fine.

google pixel xl with Android 8.0.0 has connection issues.

have had it paired but now it's refusing.

forerunner 230 does not pair.

edge 520 pairs and connects fine.

does seem to be very device sensitive.

edit
                                ==============

managed to reestablish connection by removing by device in Bluetooth &
                                restarting phone. It then reconnected OK.

Have turned off watch and it reconnected to phone on restart.
                                For my scenario I think the Bluetooth stack on the phone is buggy.
                                I also have a few issues with using Google assistant when it's connected to my car.

Last edited by abufilba; 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X