No announcement yet.

No settings option or version info for apps installed on watch

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No settings option or version info for apps installed on watch

I am running 4.13.5 of GCM on Android and went to change some settings on a Connect IQ App installed on my FR935, only to find no button to edit the settings. Nor was there any information about the version installed. All I had were buttons labelled UNINSTALL and VIEW IN STORE. If I look at my Connect IQ Widgets then they have version information and the additional SETTINGS button.

It's a while since I needed to make a change to settings, so I don't know how long it's been like this. Does everyone else have the same problem or is it just my phone app that's confused?

+1

Comment

I have users reporting the same issue. please look into
      Thanks,
      Brian.
      Author of Dozen data fields and Elliptical App.

Comment

After deleting and reinstalling apps multiple times and also the GCM phone app, a Connect IQ app that I didn't reinstall suddenly started letting me change its settings! Unfortunately, mine does not and as it is in beta I'm not sure I'll be able to get Garmin support to help much. I'll keep trying things, but I fear I may have to delete all the apps on my watch and start again.

Comment

The same issue is happening with me as well. Once the apps are installed, the settings option just vanishes. If I need to reapply the settings, I need to uninstall the app and then install it again. The settings option will be visible only for the first time. I'm on V3.10 on my Vivoactive 3music. Is that the latest version of the software because my Garmin express says that's it but the garmin forums says that the latest software version is V3.30

Comment

Thanks for the information GovindKrish. I don't know why your device is not updating to 3.30, but I don't think it would help with this issue as I'm sure the problem is with the phone app since it affects people using different device types.

Comment

I am running 4.13.5 of GCM on Android and went to change some settings on a Connect IQ App installed on my Fenix 5 plus, only to find no button to edit the settings. All I had were buttons labelled "UNINSTALL" and "VIEW IN STORE".
              Please look into.
              Thanks Peter

Comment

I am having a similar problem.

I believe I've found a bug. I've unloaded and loaded a kayak sup app. I was able to put in the auth code and email. Sync. And it seems to work.

However, when I go back to configure mode, only uninstall (not configure) shows up in garmin connect. I cannot change my configuration settings.

Galaxy s7
                Android version 8
                Garmin connect 4.13.5
                vivoactive 3
                Last edited by Brad; 12-26-2018, 07:40 AM. Reason: Clarify.

Comment

Good morning. I'm still having a problem with garmin connect. The configure button does not appear. I've uninstalled and installed. The configure button appears. However, once I put in my setting, it does not appear again. Please help.

Galaxy s7
                  Android version 8
                  Garmin connect 4.13.5
                  vivoactive 3

Comment

I raised this with Garmin Support, but I have the complication of using an app that is not yet in the Connect IQ Store. If you are just using apps that you've downloaded from the store, can I suggest you also contact Garmin Support about this so they know it is more widespread.

Comment

I've also noticed this bug, seems to be related to having favorited the app.
                      Most 3rd party apps that's listed under favorites is missing version info and/or the settings menu.

This workaround seems to fix the problem (only tested on my phone):
                      * Unfavorit the app
                      * Kill the Garmin Connect app on the phone
                      * Start the Garmin Connect app again and the settings menu and/or version info should be present

The app can the be favorited again after having used the settings menu, but at some point (most likely on restarting the Garmin Connect app) the version info and/or settings menu will disappear again. This means that this workaround needs to be used every time the settings menu is to be used for favorited apps.

Info:
                      Garmin Forerunner 935 (Software version 12.10)
                      OnePlus 6T, Garmin Connect App
                      Last edited by Ektorus; 01-04-2019, 02:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

If possible, integration of Stryd Power into one of the configurable data fields would be great. Thanks for considering this idea!

Comment

4.13.5 and many versions of GCM before that are incredibly buggy. Basic functionality such as LiveTrack does not work for many users. Many folks have rolled back to 4.8 which seems to be the last rock solid version of GCM. Maybe 4.8 does not have this bug as well. If Ektorus' suggestion in post #11 does not work for you, try rolling back to 4.8. If you are not familiar with how to do that, refer to my post #19 at: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...ve-track/page2

Comment

Same bug using Strength Training+

If you add to favourites you can no longer have access to the settings un-favourite it, sync, the settings re appear

This bug is with beta firmware 12.51
                            Mountain Bike
                            Frame : Van Nicholas Tuareg Ti
                            Forks : Magura TS8100mm

Singlespeed
                            Frame Pompino
                            44/17 chain set

http://minty95.wordpress.com/

Comment

The “Settings Menu is missing in Connect”, seems to be related to having favorited your apps. All the apps that’s listed under favorites is missing this settings menu.

Workaround 1
                              * Unfavorite the app
                              * Kill the Garmin Connect app on the phone
                              * Start the Garmin Connect app again and the settings menu will be present
                              * The app can the be configured once again. After configuration the app can be favorited again, but this will most likely cause the settings menu to disappear upon app (Garmin Connect) restart, which will the require using the workaround again.

Workaround 2
                              The other option is to use Garmin Express until Garmin fixes the Android Connect App.

GarminGarmin GCMSupport Garmin-Joey
                              Please FIX this bug!

Last edited by fbbbrown; 01-09-2019, 10:39 AM.
                              Author of Dozen data fields and Elliptical App.

Comment

Working...
                              X