Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Livetrack issues unacceptable - Why isn't this high priority and deemed critical ?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, please disregard this post. It was total nonsense. All my Livetracks are titled Live Activity 12/6/18.

The app reverts to a default name Live Activity 12/6/18 if I leave it blank.

Leaving the original text of my post in for reference and my own embarrasment.

The only thing I still find strange is that the message "activity expired" is displayed already after 30 minutes, whilst I have "extend livetrack on" (24 hours) enabled.

--------------------------------------
    New issue with Livetrack: the activity starts, watch displays Livetrack has started, email is generated, but the email contains the text "Live Activity 12/6/18" and a link to a (of course) expired activity. The page initially displays a map (no coordinates, so no location on it) and contains this text in the top left corner of the screen: [my name] (Live Activity 12/6/18) Started at 3:05 PM GMT+0100. The time is OK, that's when I started my last attempt.
    Subsequent attempts to access the page after the activity has ended, result in an error page "expired activity".

The actual links are all different, it is just that they all refer to the same activity from December.

BTW I had adb logcat on a laptop and could not see anything obviously weird in either the connection between Forerunner and phone, or from the mobile app to the Garmin servers.

I'd like to know (just curious) if others that have this issue with world map displaying without a location, and/or see the "trying to reconnect" message, have a correct date on the page and in the email.

Yesterday I did have a link to a valid activity, but only one location point was recorded before the "connection lost" occurred. This seems to be something else.
    Last edited by Twinaxx; 01-07-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Haven't been using livetrack for a while. Tested with f5, f5s and 1030 today. Nothing works

Comment

According to https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...51#post1441051 LiveTrack was down yesterday. But seemed down even afterwards (and maybe still down)? But even when he wrote that it seems to be up again, it didn't work for me. I got the e-mail, but nothing got tracked (even with screen on and everything).

PS: https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/status seems to not say anything even though it clearly doesn't seem working for multiple users.

Comment

pboos Was referring to Garmin Connect. You can now upload activities, etc. LiveTrack is not working.
          myConnect | StravaHeatmap
          F201 | F205 | F305 | 310XT | 920XT | HRM4-Run
          nüvi 1300 | nüvi 52 | nüvi 67 | Drive 61 | Dash Cam 45

Comment

Installed connect 4.8 and livetrack works.....

Comment

Originally posted by marrr View Post
              Installed connect 4.8 and livetrack works.....
              Nothing new since 6th December 4.13.5. Hoping this will get fixed soon.
              Vivosport, Edge 25, Index, Premium HRM, Cadence sensor

Comment

Somehow for me it is now working with 4.13.5 (even though only updating like every 3 minutes). Not sure why it seems to work now though. It could just be me.

UPDATE: 4.13.5 seemed to work only for a few minutes. Noticed it after doing a run. Only worked for like 10min (or even less) and then gave No Signal again. Now back on 4.8.
                Last edited by pboos; 01-09-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

4.8 still works great , definitely a "bug" in 4.13.7

Comment

Really? In the new version 4.13.7 also doesn't works?

Comment

Yesterday 4.13.5 worked. And today 4.13.7 worked.

Comment

Hmmm. I just tried 4.13.7 without success BooHoo
                        Vivosport, Edge 25, Index, Premium HRM, Cadence sensor

Comment

4.8 works but its very sluggish , only updates every 30/40 seconds

Comment

Broken again today.

Comment

I'm a little disappointed that 4.13.7 didn't fix it.

4.8 isn't ideal but it does the job, auto-start doesn't work, it takes a long time to display the first position and the updates are indeed slow and infrequent, but it's better than a phone app.

Comment

Originally posted by robprid View Post
                                4.8 works but its very sluggish , only updates every 30/40 seconds
                                Personally I consider a 30 second update rate as fast or even faster than I'd want. If it is updating faster than that it is going to drain your phone battery. There is a tradeoff to be had here.

Comment

Working...
                                X