Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Music Player

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My watch also ignores my favorite media player - already running in the background or not - and fires up Google Play Music instead, which I do not use at all.

Anyone from Garmin following this thread? PLEASE FIX THIS S**T.

Comment

I've opened a tech support case and its been forwarded to the engineering team. I'm going to pass the link to this thread as other examples of people with problems. I keep looking at the (Garmin) Virb cameras, and clicked the Fathers day e-mail but found out the discount was only on the 360, if they had discounted the lower end I'd have seriously considered one. The street price is lower on a GoPro since they are more popular but my VivimoveHR has controls for the Virb only. But after loosing the ability to choose the music payer it concerns me if I were to spent a little more $ on a Garmin camera and then loose that feature. So I've asked if the ability to choose a specific music player could even be added as a feature request if the current dev direction is to use the last one that was playing.
      Last edited by eugenenine; 06-26-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Hello there,
        I purchased the Forerunner 735XT and have the exactly same problem. I want to control spotify or squeezer with my watch (squeezer is the remote client for my multiroom system at home). I tried to uninstall the stock music app, but then it opened the amazon alexa app. I also uninstalled alexa, but now it opens chrome browser (?!?!?). It also ignores the Music player which is open in foreground. This Bug makes the feature pretty useless.

Im glad to see this issue is discussed. Can you give an update on the progress??

I can only join an-thon: PLEASE FIX THIS!

Comment

Not sure how helpful this is to anyone but I have the Samsung Note8 and I've found by scrolling across to the Bixby Home Page and removing other apps such as Google Play, YouTube etc and Pinning Spotify to the top of the list I can now control Spotify with my phone without having to change any default settings

Hopefully, someone finds this useful

Comment

Same problem to me

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...and-youtube-on

Comment

It worked for Musixmatch and Spotify, or whichever app I was using at the time and now all I can see is Google Play, and I hate Google Play so much! Why is it running? (I know why, it was explained before) I don't want it to be at my phone at all and now it is being opened by my watches instead of Spotify, which I'm spending my money at. Please could it be fixed so it is working again like it was before? It was great, and now it is making me this angry. What is the reason for these useless changes?
              Last edited by Starfis; 08-09-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbeethekidd View Post
                Not sure how helpful this is to anyone but I have the Samsung Note8 and I've found by scrolling across to the Bixby Home Page and removing other apps such as Google Play, YouTube etc and Pinning Spotify to the top of the list I can now control Spotify with my phone without having to change any default settings

Hopefully, someone finds this useful
                Can you explain this in a bit more detail? Once you've done this does the watch always open your default music player? I have a Note 8 and the same problem as everyone else here that it opens the last media application which is often Youtube or Chrome whereas I only ever want it to open Spotiy.

Comment

Same problem here, Google Play opens even though I don't use this programme nor intend to. Same thing happens when Spotify is in use.
                  It's really interesting that no answer from Garmin is coming on how will this be fixed.

Edit1: I've uninstalled the Google Play app and now the controls are just not linked to anything anymore. Watch vibrates, but nothing happens when I press either of the music control buttons.

Edit2: Funny enough few hours following removal of Google Play the watch is now opening the app which controls my vacuum cleaner. This app doesn't have music functionality.
                  Last edited by Lerotron; 08-13-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X