Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pairing problem: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and Nougat update.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Garmin connect mobile app update version 3.22.1.2 did not fix the issue..
    Fenix 5s
    Galaxy A5

Comment

I just received feedback from Garmin Spain.

Amazing answer... they have no idea about what's happening with the new version of Android. They confirm that when you update your Android version in a A5 phones it becomes incompatible with Garmin devices.

<< Reference ID: 10263287K0 >>
      Gracias por contactar con Garmin Iberia.

Le informamos que con la nueva actualizaci?n android nougat de los samsung galaxy A5 deja de ser compatibles con los equipos garmin. No sabemos que tiene la versi?n que deja de vincular.

Comment

Finally got somewhere.. contacted support in my country (Slovakia) and explained everything, they contacted UK support and got them to create ticket for engineers.
        I also contacted UK support via phone and explained to the nice lady my problem and also re-sent an email with all technical details to her and they supposedly created a case.

Ticket reference: FQC-19397, case reference number is - 1383472

Maybe would help if more people get added to this ticket/case, I don't know what else to do.
        Fenix 5s
        Galaxy A5

Comment

And were UK and Slovakian Teams aware of the issue?
          Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-14-2017, 08:22 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post immediately above yours. It's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

No at all. This seems to be the first time they acknowledged it and created internal ticket.
            Fenix 5s
            Galaxy A5

Comment

Originally posted by xH4wK View Post

What is your phone and garmin device ?

Not all devices have issues, but Fenix 5/5s seems to be afffected the most in this thread.
              Fenix 3 and Samsung S7 Edge with Nougat.

Sorry for the late answer.

Comment

What do you mean with pairing? For notifications or just for sync? As I don't need notifications (there would be problems with my hands free car kit) I just sync my FR35 with GCM on my A5 (2017) without any problems. Although there seems no auto sync anymore since Nougat update.

Comment

Hi Carmen,

We can not even sync the Garmin device with our mobile phone with Android Nougat.

Do you have Android 7 Nougat in your phone?

Comment

I created a global ticket as well.

Two updates to garmin connect this week, but still no working connection (Fenix 5 / A5(2017) / Nougat)

Contacted support in Finland. Got advice to check that bluetooth is turned on

Comment

Yes, I have Android 7 on my phone.

Comment

We have the same Problem with ForeRunner 935 (and Fenix5) and Samsung A5 (2017) / Nougat! Cannot pair device over Bluetooth
                        Vivosmart HR+, Forerunner 235 and Edge 800, or Edge 1000 works fine with Samsung A5 (2017) ....
                        Is there a possible way to use the Driver from Fenix3, Forerunner 235 oder Vivosmart HR+ for the Fenix5 and the FR935 ... seems to be a Driver Problem with this 2 models!?!

Comment

I've also created 2 tickets (emails) ... one on Sep 6th (with this pairing problem) and one on Sep 13th (with the ask to take the Samsung A5(2017) to the comp. list http://www.garmin.com/de-AT/ble ) .... meanwhile no answer

I find it sad, that garmin has always Connection Troubles! (Garmin Express also has (again and again) Problems with other Drivers or systemupdates/security features on Windows) and now the Bluetooth Connectionover GCM isn't really better (by the way: Lumia 950 and Vivosmart HR+ also loose regularly the Bluetooth Connection, so that we must pair new)

Very laborious, and not easy to handle for the most customers

Interestingly, we had never Connection Problems with other Products ...
                          I think for this proud Price, we should be able to expect something better!

Comment

Originally posted by xH4wK View Post
                            Finally got somewhere.. contacted support in my country (Slovakia) and explained everything, they contacted UK support and got them to create ticket for engineers.
                            I also contacted UK support via phone and explained to the nice lady my problem and also re-sent an email with all technical details to her and they supposedly created a case.

Ticket reference: FQC-19397, case reference number is - 1383472

Maybe would help if more people get added to this ticket/case, I don't know what else to do.
                            Any news on your ticket?
                            is this public? If so could you give us a link to ticket?
                            Thanks

Comment

I do not have any links.. they just gave me these numbers, might help if people contact the support and mention these numbers so they will be added to the same ticket, that is why I posted them here.
                              I have no update from garmin at all on both of them

Based on the support I received so far (over 3 weeks close to none) I will never purchase another Garmin product.
                              Last edited by xH4wK; 09-18-2017, 10:20 AM.
                              Fenix 5s
                              Galaxy A5

Comment

What is even worst is that Garmin tech / community managers didn't even take the time to follow this forums and acknowledge the problem / explain what they are doing to solve this issue.

HELLO GARMIN! is there someone on the forum??? we are all GARMIN customers who bought high end products and expect some support / customer service!
                                I can understand that there are and always be some bugs on our devices, but I expect you to explain and fix them...

Comment

Working...
                                X