No announcement yet.

Livetrack fails on latest IOS connect app

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livetrack fails on latest IOS connect app

iPhone 6s IOS 9.1 Connect 3.0.0.27 Livetrack has failed since the new connect app update. The app on the iPhone says that the activity has completed. The email link that livetrack generates says "The activity is not yet complete, but the tracking session has ended". The connect app records the complete run, but livetrack does not show the run or only a mile or so of the run.

I used Livetrack with the new app for a he first time today. It started ok but switched itself off after about 30 minutes. I could not get it to come on again. Never had any problems with the old app. Garment need to get this fixed.

Comment

Same here

Every time I try to use Live Track it ends before my run is complete. I go about with 'start livetrack' on my Iphone 5 with software 9.1 (13B143). I then start my run on my FR620 with version label 3.30. After 5 to 25 minutes Live Track ends. I wear the phone on my chest close to my FR620. Won't get a message on the FR620 when it stops the live track. The email link that livetrack generates says 'The activity is not yet complete, but the tracking session has ended'. The connect app records the complete run, but livetrack does not show the run or only a mile or so of the run.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Comment

LiveTrack Not Working

Having similar issues. Live Tracking is not working since last iOS update. It drops off part way through my run. When I start it back up, it tracks nothing. Email it sends does not show activity either. Hope this is fixed soon. I thought it was just me. Guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Having similar issues. Live Tracking is not working since last iOS update. It drops off part way through my run. When I start it back up, it tracks nothing. Email it sends does not show activity either. Hope this is fixed soon. I thought it was just me. Guess not.
          Same here. Absolutely annoying. Ride is uploaded but Livetrack cuts out. Tossers at Garmin and Apple, unite! And get it sorted

Comment

I have exactly the same on my 810, LiveTrack was perfect before the latest iOS and App upgrade, now it drops during ride every time.

Comment

Connect disconnects LiveTrack sesson prematurely

For what it's worth, I am adding my voice to the chorus of voices raised by this failure.
              I have an 810 with firmware version 4.3, an iPhone 6 with O.S. 9.1., and Garmin Connect version 3.1.0.13. Connect prematurely disconnects the LiveTrack session with the 810 at around 30 - 45 minutes consistently.
              This equipment and software used to work reliably.
              In my opinion, this is a significant issue, and correcting this failure should be a high-priority item on Garmin's agenda.
              Last edited by richardhenley; 11-17-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Wifi

Turning off wifi antenna on iPhone 6s appears to eliminate live track disconnect issues.

Comment

Same problem here with iPhone 5s iOS 9.1 and an edge 1000 with latest firmware.
                  I've restored and configured from the scracth both devices and I always get the same result... or it doesn't start at all or stops randomly when it wants, sometimes at 5min, sometimes at 30m.. I supose it's related when you lose the data connection but... garmin, practising btt on a mountain sometimes you don't have internet... cannot you update the live track as soon as the connection is back???
                  It's annoying, this was one of the reasons I bought this device (and a VA) and my family checks everytime I go to take a ride as I usually go alone.

What are you waiting for to correct this bug???

Comment

Also having Live Track issues

I've had Live Track say it's finished twice now in the middle of my runs. Additionally, when I try to look at my history on the Garmin Mobile App I get a Network Connection Error.

Any idea when this is going to be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      I've had Live Track say it's finished twice now in the middle of my runs. Additionally, when I try to look at my history on the Garmin Mobile App I get a Network Connection Error.

Any idea when this is going to be fixed?
                      These are two diferent errors:
                      - Livetrack is not working since some weeks/monyhs ago, GARMIN FIX IT!!
                      - The Network Connection Error comes since the last server maintenance, some users says that it's fixed uninstalling and reinstalling the GCM App.

Livetrack suddenly stops with no reason and it was working properly when I bought the Device (edge 1000), I don't know if the problema is on the App side, server side or firmware side but... IT'S ASHAMING!!

EDIT: It's supposed to be fixed with the today's latest update 3.1.1:
                      "Fixed an issue causing livetrack to end when devices disconnect or phone loses service."
                      Last edited by PMBCN; 11-13-2015, 06:22 PM. Reason: solved?

Comment

I think i must to be fair and as well as I post to make a complaint I've to post to congratulate...
                        I've tested today and it worked perfectly!
                        So it seems to be fixed with 3.1.1 GCM!!! (iPhone 5s iOS 9.1)

Thanks!

Comment

.....almost fixed

GM 3.1.1.5...IOS 9.1 IPhone 5.....510 FW 3.42 Beta...went on a 30 mile ride, phone disconnected 5 times good news is that Livestrack did NOT disconnect (yeah)....Bad news the ave speed, time, distance, etc on the Livetrack weblink is still messed up. It looks like Livetrack can't connect the dots from the points that the phone disconnects/connects causing a negative sign infront of the distance and ride time. rode for 1hr 52 min. livetrack displayed -4:57. 30 mile ride, livetrack showed -51.16 miles.

The ride uploaded to Garmin Connect with the correct stats from my 510.

...almost fixed....

Comment

Working...
                          X