• Show
Clear All

Exacltley the same happemed to me
    Waining for upgrade FW...
    Thanks...

Comment

me 3 .............. :-)

Comment

I'm finding this is happening more often on my Vectors. 5 time in the last 2 weeks......First time was during a race which was very off putting, heart through the roof, power just ticking over.
        I have only just updated my software (updated yesterday) so I ruled that out, and the batteries are only 4 weeks old, the Left pedal just turns off and at no certain time. First time was when I pressed lap at the start of a race, todays was about 1Hr 30Min into a ride.
        I've had my vectors since Jan 2014 and have done 15000+Ks on them.

Is this a software or hardware issue?

Comment

I noticed my power dropping significantly low in the middle of some longer intervals this morning. I stopped, turned my Garmin 510 off and on and re calibrated but it came up with the 8192 error. I was unaware of the fix by removing the left battery and resetting angles (until I just found this thread) so I had to disable my power meter for the rest of the efforts, very annoying as you can imagine. Is there a fix coming out for this issue soon please?

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/747639225

Comment

I've had my vectors for 20 months. Never had an issue with them until I switched from my 500 to the 510 so I could get the cycling dynamics....biggest mistake I ever made....the software 3.20 on the edge works fine with no left pedal going to sleep....(the pedal doesn't actually go to sleep but for the new cycling dynamics the pedals have to transmit at 8 hz instead of the standard 4 hz. for some reason the left pedal doesn't like 8 hz. when it switches to 4 hz you loose contact. There are two ways to get the left pedal back to 8 Hz neither of which are satisfactory. As mentioned above....take the batteries out and reset the angles....or let the pedals go to sleep (don't move the bike for 5 minutes) turn off your garmin and restart everything.

Garmin has known about this issue for some time....but seem to be unable to fix it as I've just tried the recently released 3.5 software and it does the same thing. The release of "Vector 2" leads me to believe that there is an inherent flaw in the current system that can't be addressed with a software fix. Of course Garmin will never admit that due to everyone wanting to send there pedals back for the new ones. So to make you life easier....never use garmin connect or garmin express as it will update you 510 automatically....down grade you 510 to version 3.20 and accept that you will never have cycling dynamics (what good is it anyways?) and you will be much less frustrated....at least I am.

Comment

Again, today error 400-1 and no left pedal power... in the middle of a training; i took the fit file and double the values with repairfitfile tool...i have my vector for more than an year, but this problem only with 2.70 fw...

Comment

The problem has been identified and a fix will be released at the end of April.

Comment

Thank you for this thread. This just happened to me. I hope this feedback helps Garmin folks here identify a fast fix.

I rode my new Vector (two pedals) on my trainer and outside for a week...and no issues. Even in the rain! Then I went on vacation for a week, and went to go for a ride. Initially, it calibrated and acted normal. However, 2 min into the ride I got the 0 -100 % right foot reading (BTW: if this does happen and you are a symmetrical rider, the average Watts is exactly 50%...so at least you can get some idea). Half way into the group ride we stopped. I thought maybe the rain and cleaning the week before may have messed something up....so I popped out the sensors from the backside of the pedals, waited a few mine, made sure they were dry (they looked clean and dry)...and the reconnected the pods to the pedals. The triggered a "seat angle" / 90 RPM first time set up. I did this, but not right...I do no think it worked (I was in a hurry since I was on a ride). I tried to calibrate the pedals and kept getting errors. HOWEVER, when started to ride....the power was reading both pedals. And hitting the "50-50" % balance, etc. When I got home, I put the bike on my Computrainer and repeated the "un-connecting the pods from the pedals"...actually let them unconnected for about 30 min. Then re-connected and did the seat angle setup just fine. THEN the calibration worked the first time. I should also mention that before I connected to the Garmin 920XT, I ran the vector updater program and it also picked up both pedals perfectly. I hope this works...and hope Garmin finds a fix. On another note....any suggestions on how to clean the pedals after a long day in the rain, grit, and grim...could this be part of the problem? Could the pod / pedal connection be compromised during rain and cleaning? Thanks

Comment

Has this been fixed because exactly the same thing happened to me. Same error code while out on ride and only RH power reading for over half my ride. After i pulled my bike out the car to look at the issue it paired up just fine so seems to be what everyone else is describing. What update should I be on? Is it in the vectors or the head unit?
                    James

Comment

The issue has been fixed, you just need to update your pedals to the latest firmware. 3.5 I think it is. At any rate if run the Vector Updater app it will ensure you get the latest firmware version.

Comment

No it hasn't, I've got the latest software had a problem yesterday, warmed up on turbo all ok, got ready for race changed wheels went off down the road no power reading!! Stopped spun crankes to wake peddles up to calibrate them,they wouldn't do so. I didn't have enough time to take battery's out re set the angles then calibrate them, the whole race my garmin showed no cadence or power, of course when I got home stuck the bike back on the turbo and everything was working again!!! It's a bit frustrating but it is the first time it's happened to me. I'm thinking I'll disable the peddle matrix and only have the power and cadence reading and see if it happens again if it doesn't I'll leave it as is, not sure what to do with all the new info anyway!!
                        Last edited by KRD51; 05-31-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

How can i disable the pedal Matrix or cycle Dynamics on an Edge 800? I bought a new Vector and it doesn't work, after updating to 3.5! Only one pedal is found by Vector updater and the Edge 800 found no power meter! That ist really annoying, so much Money for a product that doesn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by PAULCOWLAND View Post

These pedals of mine are starting to become a laughing point on club rides. No one takes the data from them seriously because I've had so many problems.
                            Its not like other power systems have problems?

I have had this happen twice. One thing I have noticed is that it seems to happen when I do a static calibration and then the pedals go to sleep before the ride because I have left the bike static either because I have forgotten something or go back in side the house for a period. I then go ride without the Edge going to sleep and it seems that the left pedal does not wake up but the right one does. Very odd. It seems to me like the left pedal is not re-awakening for some reason.

Hope this helps.

Comment

This weekend I had same problem after SW update was pushed to my 920. After normal power up and calibration I noticed when I started the ride that the power was reading 1/2 or what I would expect - one of the pedals not working? Stopped the ride and discarded the workout....performed new calibration and get error 8192. Came back to car an put new batteries in and reset angles and calibrated - success. Worked fine the rest of the ride. Today I had the exact same issue. Normal power up, calibration and started the ride with 1/2 the power I would expect to be displayed. Stopped the ride and discarded the workout and performed the calibration and got error message 8192.... Pulled batteries and did a fresh reset and worked fine for rest of ride.....

I have a race coming up and will not be able to do this battery pulling reset once I leave the transition area so I guess I will have to ride on half power values as displayed? Is this the fix? Or is there a fix coming?

Comment

After my 3 hour by riding edge1000 POWER/PP/PCO
                                Suddenly there is suddenly no data.

Recalibrate appeared 8192,
                                Times are the same,
                                EDGE1000 INFO L/R are connected.

Finally pull the header back on the sensor chip, rotating large normal

Comment

Working...
                                X