This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector Beta release 3.62 is now available

Hello,

The public Beta, Vector 3.62 firmware, is available for download. This firmware versions contains the fixes for the root issue causing the left-to-right pedal communication drops present in version 3.50 as well as a number of other minor bug fixes.

Things to note about the public Beta:

1. This firmware delivers significant improvements over Vector 3.50 firmware. Please let us know if you encounter any issues or problems with this Beta release. If possible please provide us with the activity FIT file.
    2. Applying the Beta firmware requires an Edge 1000 or FR920XT. Detailed instructions are posted below with the Beta firmware files. Once the new firmware has been applied to Vector, the Vector system will be compatible with any ANT+ compatible display. Later, the production release of Vector firmware will be available via Vector Updater as usual.
    3. There will be no ability to downgrade if you choose to apply the Beta build. Once you have upgraded, you will have to keep the Beta firmware on your Vectors until there is a production release or another Beta release.
    4. Garmin will monitor this forum to support the Beta and this forum is the preferred communication venue for Beta issues. Please direct all issues with the use of the Beta release to this forum.

Known issues about this Beta version of firmware:
    1. During our testing we have seen one instance of a bad pedal-to-pedal data connection and are pursuing the issue. This could show up as inconsistent cadence and power reporting. If you observe this please let us know.

Files and instructions for Edge 1000 Users:
    1. Plug your Edge into your PC and wait for it to go into mass storage mode. It will appear as a new disk drive and you should see the underlying file structure of the Edge in an Explorer (Win) or Finder (Mac) window.
    2. Download the relevant Vector FW files (GCD) from this forum to your PC and unpack the zip file.
    3. Move all the unpacked GCD files to the Garmin\RemoteSW\ folder on the Edge.
    4. Be sure to properly eject the Edge from the PC, otherwise the GCD files may become corrupted.
    5. Wake Vector up and connect the Edge to Vector.
    6. A few moments after connecting Vector and the Edge you should be prompted to update Vector SW. Follow the prompts to update your Vector SW.
      1. If the Edge unit does not prompt you to start the SW update, find the Vector set in your Sensor list and click on it.
      2. Select Sensor Details.
      3. Select Software Update.

7. After the SW update process is complete, you will need to set the installation angles and crank length and calibrate Vector.

Files for the Edge 1000:

Files and instructions for Forerunner 920XT Users:
    1. Plug your Forerunner into your PC and wait for it to go into mass storage mode. It will appear as a new disk drive and you should see the underlying file structure of the Forerunner in an Explorer (Win) or Finder (Mac) window.
    2. Download the relevant Vector FW files (GCD) from this forum posting to an easy to find location on your PC.
    3. Move all the unpacked GCD files to Garmin\REMOTESW\ folder on the Forerunner.
    4. Be sure to properly eject the Forerunner from the PC, otherwise the GCD files may become corrupted.
    5. Wake up the Vector system and connect the Forerunner to Vector.
    6. A few moments after connecting Vector and the Forerunner you should be prompted to update Vector SW. Follow the prompts to update your Vector SW.
      1. If the Forerunner unit does not prompt you to start the SW update, find the Vector set in your Sensor list and click on it.
      2. Select Sensor Details.
      3. Select Software Update.

7. After the SW update process is complete, you will need to set install angles and crank length and calibrate again.

Files for the FR920XT:

Thank you,
    Vector-Info

Update: Sorry we needed to remove the Edge 520 from the list of devices that can be used to install the Vector beta release. The current public Edge 520 release of 2.30 does not support this feature. This feature will be in the next public release.
    Last edited by Vector-Info; 10-01-2015, 05:12 PM. Reason: Files removed

and for those of us with 510's?

Comment

Sorry, but the only mechanism we have to deliver the beta release to a subset of the user base is via the use of head units that support updating the pedals.

This is currently limited to the
      • Edge 520 (Requires a build greater than 2.30)
      • Edge 1000
      • FR920XT
      • Fenix 3 (Requires a future release)

I know that users with other models of head units would like to participate in using the beta release, but we don't have anyway of supporting them.

If you have a friend that has one of the above head units you might be able to persuade them to place the Vector software on their unit and update your pedals.
      Last edited by Vector-Info; 09-22-2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Going to upgrade now!

Anyway, can you guys give me an answer for why my Vector 2 pods (fw 3.50) are working 100% when riding inside on KICKR, but a lot trouble the second I ride outside? Can't really understand this..

Can't wait for taking a testride outside tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by LARSSR View Post
          Anyway, can you guys give me an answer for why my Vector 2 pods (fw 3.50) are working 100% when riding inside on KICKR, but a lot trouble the second I ride outside?
          Offhand there is no good reason why that should be. It might be that you're inadvertently doing something differently in the two situations and triggering some bad behaviour of the system. Maybe you're riding with some accessory that generates a lot of interference in the 2.45 GHz band?

If the trouble persists after applying the update please post the activity fit file. If it works well that would also be good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by t_smit View Post
            Offhand there is no good reason why that should be. It might be that you're inadvertently doing something differently in the two situations and triggering some bad behaviour of the system. Maybe you're riding with some accessory that generates a lot of interference in the 2.45 GHz band?

If the trouble persists after applying the update please post the activity fit file. If it works well that would also be good to know!

I'm using the exact same sensors outside and inside (except inside I also got my KICKR with ant+/bt). Vector 2 pods have been useless outside, and after trying everything I've used my old vector 1 pods now for a couple of weeks (also fw 3.50, but working ok).

I'll come back tomorrow after testing them out!

Comment

How long will loyal Garmin customers who took a real punt on purchasing these pedals when they first came on the market in 2013 have to wait?

Comment

No such folder on my 520

There is no RemoteSW folder on my Garmin 520. I created the folder and put the files in there but did not get prompted to update nor was there an update feature on the Sensor details.

I was able to update with my 920xt but then the watch got bricked and had to restart. Finished setting angles with the 520.

Still curious as to why there is no update folder on my 520 and when I created the folder, the device still did not update. Running 2.30 on the 520

Also - can I erase all the files in the SW folder other than the BIN file? Once update is done of course?
                Last edited by SFAINBRAUN; 09-17-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LARSSR View Post
                  Going to upgrade now!

Anyway, can you guys give me an answer for why my Vector 2 pods (fw 3.50) are working 100% when riding inside on KICKR, but a lot trouble the second I ride outside? Can't really understand this..

Can't wait for taking a testride outside tomorrow!
                  carrying a phone when outside? change the pocket, or just move it,

Comment

Originally posted by RIDNRIVET View Post
                    How long will loyal Garmin customers who took a real punt on purchasing these pedals when they first came on the market in 2013 have to wait?
                    exactly

as a family, we're 3 sets of Vector and 3 510's into Garmin, to say nothing of the previous 500's. the kit is great, when it works, but it's just too unstable. and, another rant , we have a Tacx genius trainer - great eh

Comment

A big apology to all the 520 users. You need the next software update after 2.30

Sorry about the error in the information that was provided to you about the Edge 520. Build 2.30 does not support pushing the Vector update to the pedals. This feature was added to an internal build 2.32 that has not yet been rolled out to an external build.

As soon as this feature is available in an external build I will let you know.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks. Just making sure I wasn't crazy. On the 920xt the update worked great but after the successful installation the watch froze.

Comment

Can´t get 920xt to force update on vector

Hi. I couldn´t get the 920xt to update the vectors. The watch has the latest firmware update (as of today), and I went through all the steps detailed at the beginning of the post, but I don´t get the update prompt, and going to the sensor´s menu, the update option does not show up. What can I be missing?

Thanks.

Comment

Cool! Will try it this weekend.
                            Claes - FR 935, Edge 510, Vector 2 - https://www.instagram.com/cwikdahl
                            Previous devices: Vector 1, 920XT TriBundle, FR305, 910XT, vivosmart

Comment

Originally posted by FYLBIKE View Post
                              carrying a phone when outside? change the pocket, or just move it,

Do you really think this is the problem? Really?

Of course it isn't..

Inside: iPhone, iPad, KICKR, at least 10 WiFi networks nearby..Garmin on same place on bike.

Outside: iPhone in my back pocket. I think it's really strange, actually..

Comment

Working...
                              X