Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Power dropping on BT, cadence remains

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power dropping on BT, cadence remains

I've got an interesting issue and I'm not sure if it's the fault of Zwift, my Apple TV 4K or the Vector 3 pedals. 3 or 4 times now my power has dropped for several minutes in the middle of a Zwift ride. It comes back for a split second, drops again, then a little while later it will come back permanently. All the while my cadence continues to be reported without issue. Additionally I record the activity on a Garmin Edge 520 over ANT+ and the power doesn't drop over that protocol at the same point in time.

How could this be happening? I figure with BT both cadence and power are being sent of a single unified channel, so if one drops, so should the other. This doesn't seem to happen with Zwift on the Apple TV with my other power meters or my ANT+/BT NPE CABLE bridge. It's happened 3 or 4 times in the span of months, so it's going to be hard for me to troubleshoot with different configurations.

Same situation with same configuration here, still have no idea.

Comment

It happened again, this time for about 7 minutes. In the Zwift file, cadence drops for an instant, then power drops out for an extended period. Every 66 seconds, power comes back briefly only to drop again. Power never drops in the Garmin file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X