No announcement yet.

Time of last sensor connection

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time of last sensor connection

3/4 into my ride today, I realized my Varia RTL510 was gone. I had it connected to my 935. Is there anyway to see when the radar disconnected to narrow down the search area so I don't have to re-ride most of the route?

Really bummed about this. I just picked it up a week ago, and this was my first long ride. I doubt Garmin will do anything about it since it's so open to the possibility of abuse, so any help trying to locate it is appreciated.

hi, that is a bummer

post your fit file here in the forum or post a link for download

or you try it yourself

use Fit File Repair Tool
    use Runalyze fit2tcx

success with the recovery

Comment

Hi OnlyTwo,

Here's the link: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3212696299

I tried running fit2tcx on the fit file, but I'm clueless on how to read the output. I see no mention of "varia" or "rtl".

Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

can not get your original fit file from your Garmin Connect Web link

please upload or provide a download link here, for the original fit file

or post the link from fit2tcx....could have a look at that data

Comment

Oops, sorry. It's attached now.
          Attached Files

Comment

will have a look with the Fit File Repair Tool

no promises

Comment

Did you buy it with a credit card? I ask because many credit cards will cover a loss in the first 30 days.

Comment

Hi cheracogoff, I did buy it with a credit card. Do you know what provision a loss in the first 30 days is covered under?

Comment

you can search on fit2tcx for bike_light_main and bike_radar

there is no other additional sensor data in the fit file than that it has a new battery

one could check places with high cadence at 1h33' , 2h17' , 3h29' , 3h36' into the ride

could you upload a previous ride with the varia to compare these fit files and check for any data logging for the varia

Comment

I only have one other ride, and I've attached it.

Originally posted by OnlyTwo View Post
                    one could check places with high cadence at 1h33' , 2h17' , 3h29' , 3h36' into the ride
                    Will definitely take a look at these places when I ride the route again tomorrow!

Attached Files

Comment

your mishap gives a good idea for a new CIQ datafield

wanted : a datafield that checks the loss of paired sensors, expensive ones

success with the search, suggestion from cheracogoff is also a good one, but finding it is the ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by bkong View Post
                        Hi cheracogoff, I did buy it with a credit card. Do you know what provision a loss in the first 30 days is covered under?
                        Check with your credit card company. Many people are surprised at what the credit card company can do in these situations. Also, most credit cards also give you a double warranty. A one year warranty becomes a two year.

Comment

Originally posted by cheracogoff View Post

Check with your credit card company. Many people are surprised at what the credit card company can do in these situations. Also, most credit cards also give you a double warranty. A one year warranty becomes a two year.
                          Yup, I'm familiar with the double warranty from credit cards, but it's the first time I've heard about them covering for something that's lost. I'll give them a call if I can't find it tomorrow.

Comment

before you get your replacement you can ask this developer to build some check into his datafield

Tail Light Field

Could not find anything comparing the two fit files...I am defeated

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyTwo View Post
                              Could not find anything comparing the two fit files...I am defeated
                              Appreciate you trying to find something OnlyTwo. Not much left but to just cross my fingers and hope for the best tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X