Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Download Failed" Banner at Every Startup

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Download Failed" Banner at Every Startup

    Every time I power my Edge 820 up, I get a "download failed" message in the top bar. What's it even trying to download?

  • #2
    Same for me

    Comment


    • #3
      Same for me.
      One week ago i reset it (edge820) completly and setting exactly like before the reset but without install any IQ app; the problem it has not reappeared.

      Comment


      • #4
        I suppose I better join the club in that case..................

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rossano7x View Post
          Same for me.
          One week ago i reset it (edge820) completly and setting exactly like before the reset but without install any IQ app; the problem it has not reappeared.
          Thank you for that. Doing the same thing seems to have corrected the problem for me too.
          Last edited by ProstheticForeheads; 11-09-2018, 02:55 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Also geht this every time. Any other solution then resetting the unit?

            Comment


            • #7
              Same for me. I thought it was the last beta. But it looks, that something on the garmin server is wrong for Edge 820 user. And i don't want reset the unit now.

              Comment


              • #8
                On the same boat here. But the activities are uploaded/downloaded normally so no interest on resetting

                Comment


                • #9
                  a wild guess, could you check if the epo file is up to date in folder GPS
                  Last edited by OnlyTwo; 11-20-2018, 01:12 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Most likely this is caused by something that is in your sync queue in Garmin Connect. I would recommend clearing all the items in the sync queue and try again.
                    1. Login to Garmin Connect (Web)
                    2. Click the Watch Icon in the top right
                    3. Click the number next to the Edge 820
                    4. Click the X and remove next to any items listed

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi,
                      i did look there and there was nothing in the queue. But the "download failed" Message with Wifi-Transfer is still there . No Error Message when connected to a phone or Garmin Express.


                      Originally posted by Garmin-Matthew View Post
                      Most likely this is caused by something that is in your sync queue in Garmin Connect. I would recommend clearing all the items in the sync queue and try again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kd2357 View Post
                        Hi,
                        i did look there and there was nothing in the queue. But the "download failed" Message with Wifi-Transfer is still there . No Error Message when connected to a phone or Garmin Express.



                        Same here

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have updated the maps and now the issue is has reappeared. It's annoying

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            same here :-(

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Same here. Although all features are working as expected, this download failed notification on startup is annoying .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X