No announcement yet.

Can I set up audible Alerts?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I set up audible Alerts?

Just curious, can you setup audible alerts on the 810 to remind me when an hour is up or alert me every 15 min when I need to refuel? I know mt friends Garmin 910xt has audible alerts, he sets it to remind him every hour to take salt tablets, and then every 15 minutes to refuel. Does the 810 have that ability?

Yes, I have my 810 set to alarm every 10 minutes, also I have it set to alarm every 5 miles.
    Dave
    Edge 820, Edge 810, Edge Remote,Virb X, Virb Elite, Virb, Virb Remote, Varia Headlight, Varia Radar Light, Vivoactive, Vector 2, Vivofit, Dash Cam 20, Dash Cam 35, Nuvi 1490T, eTrex Vista, and a load of other stuff I've forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by 57DIBBS View Post
      Yes, I have my 810 set to alarm every 10 minutes, also I have it set to alarm every 5 miles.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Page 3 of the manual answers your question. Specifically the part on "Setting a Recurring Alert".

Alerts
        You can use alerts to train toward specific time, distance, calorie, heart rate, cadence, and power goals. Alert settings are saved with your activity profile.

Setting Range Alerts
        If you have an optional heart rate monitor, GSC 10, or power meter, you can set up range alerts. A range alert notifies you any time the device is above or below a specified range of values. For example, you can set the device to alert you when your heart rate is below 60 beats per minute (bpm) and over 210 bpm. You can also use a training zone (page 5) for the range alert.
        1. From the home screen, select Settings > Activity Profiles.
        2. Select a profile.
        3. Select Alerts.
        4. Select Heart Rate, Cadence, or Power.
        5. Turn on the alert.
        6. Enter the minimum and maximum values or select a zone.
        7. Select check mark.

Each time you exceed or drop below the specified range, a message appears. The device also beeps if audible tones are turned on (page 13).

Setting a Recurring Alert
        A recurring alert notifies you every time the device records a
        specified value or interval. For example, you can set the device
        to alert you every 30 minutes.
        1. From the home screen, select Settings > Activity Profiles.
        2. Select an activity profile.
        3. Select Alerts.
        4. Select Time, Distance, or Calorie.
        5. Turn on the alert.
        6. Enter a value.
        7. Select check mark.

Each time you reach the alert value, a message appears. The device also beeps if audible tones are turned on (page13).

Comment

Thanks Eric... I appreciate the help.... IM not home to look at my manual, but I guess I could have pulled it up online, but thank you for helping.

Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X