No announcement yet.

Garmin Edge810 cannot load City Navigator® Europe NT

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Edge810 cannot load City Navigator® Europe NT

I've just bought City Navigator® Europe NT and Garmin Express says "There is no content for this device".
    I have Windows 10 Pro, latest update for Garmin Edge 810 (v. 6.30) and latest Garmin Express which works well for other functions when Edge 810 is connected, so no connectivity issue.
    I bought downloadable maps and it seems there is no other option to download maps except with Garmin Express.
    Any help with this issue?

Garmin support told me the City Navigator® Europe NT maps are not compatible with Garmin Edge 810.

Comment

I can't believe that.
      I've had Edge 810s ever since it came to market (2013), currently running a replacement device. I have always used Garmin City Navigator Europe NT maps (versions 2010.10, 2014.30 & 2015.40). Older one was a standalone version and the latest ones are downloaded versions. Once you learn how to draw your GPX Tracks, TBT works quite well with these maps. I run my 810 with FW version 5.00.
      Last edited by hstahl; 07-09-2018, 01:19 AM.

Comment

It seems that maps are not compatible anymore: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/6299#devices
        Support told me they will issue full refund to me and that's it.

Comment

Actually I contacted yesterday local (Finnish) Garmin Support complaining that there are shortcomings just in that particular web page. Currently they say that only Edge 705 and 800 are compatible. I definitely know that also for example Edge 305, 810 and 1000 should be included in that list. Support person promised to check up this.

Garmin quality...

Comment

If you have bought CN with the old map DVD and lifteime update it still works on my Edge 810..I can update = download the new CN map with GE.

In the Garmin map download shop only luck with supported Garmin devices. -> No chooseable Map in GE.like Edge 1030 Edge 810 etc.

Please contact the Garmin support -> money back...

Last edited by Erik1503; 07-11-2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Some weeks ago I bought microSD Card version of the latest City Navigator Europe NT map. It works quite well in my Edge 810. TBT navigation performs similarly as when using my previous CN Europe NT map. I am still running SW 5.00.

Last edited by hstahl; 09-05-2018, 02:09 AM. Reason: Arrange images side by side

Comment

Thanks for the info, but where did you buy "microSD Card version of the latest City Navigator Europe NT map"? I don't have that option - just to download it, and when I download it Garmin Express just don't show it and treats those maps as not compatible?
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-05-2018, 03:32 PM. Reason: Please don’t quote the post directly above yours, it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread, thanks.

Comment

O'key. No advertisements allowed on this site. Use your Google.

Comment

Originally posted by hstahl View Post
                    O'key. No advertisements allowed on this site. Use your Google.
                    This is not advertisement. There is NO option for buying "microSD Card version of the latest City Navigator Europe NT map", only for downloading. And I haven't asked for third party sellers but for Garmin, and this is Garmin forum, isn't it?

Comment

Sorry, my explanation was bit poor. What I meant was that Garmin forum does not allow me to add direct web links in my post.

I actually bought my copy of City Navigator Europe NT map from my local Garmin web store (in Finland). They still have/had that option available. I see that some other Garmin web stores offer only a downloadable version. But my google found couple of reliable third party sellers for microSD Card version. I'm sure you will find them as well. I just can't copy those URLs here.

It's a strange to me why some Garmin web stores don't sell microSD Card version at all. Even the latest Garmin car navigators have microSD card interface and their instruction manual guides the user to use microSD Card map if devices internal memory is not large enough for the downloadable map.
                      Last edited by hstahl; 09-06-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Most maps are available on SD card as well as download. There are pros and cons for each. The main one with the SD card is that it cannot be updated.
                        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

As some members in this forum have reported that the latest (downloadable) City Navigator Europe NT map is not any more compatible with Edge 810 then the only option available is to purchase the microSD Card version.

On the other hand the main drawback of the downloaded map was (when it still was compatible with Edge 810) that it was limited to operate only in that particular Edge device which was used during the download.
                          Last edited by hstahl; 09-06-2018, 02:19 AM. Reason: to emphasize that the microSD Card version of CN Europe NT map is possibly the only option for Edge 810

Comment

Yes, pros and cons
                            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                            Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

At the moment the list of supported devices of City Navigator Europe NT map contains only two Edge devices: Edge 705 and Edge 800. Those are quite old ones. It would be nice if somebody could be able to convince Garmin to re-consider that list. It seems clear that the absence of Edge 810 from that list is the reason why some people here are not able to download the map. My perception is however that the map works quite well in Edge 810 as long as it's available in device's microSD drive. And the same fact is valid also in Edge 1000 as my cycling mate has found.

Comment

Working...
                              X