No announcement yet.

Edge didn't save my ride/course

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge didn't save my ride/course

I went out following a course i set up.. decided to go off course to cut it short. it asked me if i wanted recalculation i said no.. after finishing the course i hit stop timer button. something else came up i don't know what it was so i hit the timer button again it finally stopped.. when uploading my file all i get is .14 th of a mile.. lost the 30 miles.. should i have done something else before going off course? http://connect.garmin.com/activity/332882331

Originally posted by MATHESIS View Post
    I went out following a course i set up.. decided to go off course to cut it short. it asked me if i wanted recalculation i said no.. after finishing the course i hit stop timer button. something else came up i don't know what it was so i hit the timer button again it finally stopped.. when uploading my file all i get is .14 th of a mile.. lost the 30 miles.. should i have done something else before going off course? http://connect.garmin.com/activity/332882331
    It sounds like you forgot to press START after selecting Go for the course. I noticed that the words "Press START" are not in the 800 manual, page 10, section 4, Starting a Course.

It also fits with what you did after finishing the course. You thought you were hitting STOP but it was actually a START. Then something came up on the screen and you hit the timer button again which was a STOP. That gave you the incredibly short .14th of a mile.

I have a Timer data field selected on one of my screens on my 705. It tells me that I have actually pressed START because it is flipping thru the seconds.
    Don Huston
    San Diego, CA.
    United States

Comment

Originally posted by DATEZZ View Post
      It sounds like you forgot to press START after selecting Go for the course. I noticed that the words "Press START" are not in the 800 manual, page 10, section 4, Starting a Course.

It also fits with what you did after finishing the course. You thought you were hitting STOP but it was actually a START. Then something came up on the screen and you hit the timer button again which was a STOP. That gave you the incredibly short .14th of a mile.

I have a Timer data field selected on one of my screens on my 705. It tells me that I have actually pressed START because it is flipping thru the seconds.
      Oh thanks.. that does makes sense.. so.. the thing was giving me directions and i was seeing my cadence, speed and all but just was not recording it.. I'll have to look for a timer data field on this thing..

Thanks for the reply

Bill-

Comment

Working...
      X