No announcement yet.

Record a ride

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record a ride

I have a question about my gamin edge 520, and am hoping that someone can help me please.
    When ever I have finished my ride, I save it to the garmin then used a usb cable to upload to my computer. ( a desk top) to Garmin Express

I am going on a cycling holiday and was wondering if I can still record my rides without my computer

Thank You- Ian

Yes, you can.
    Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
    Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

Originally posted by IanF View Post
      I am going on a cycling holiday and was wondering if I can still record my rides without my computer
      Your computer isn't recording rides. It's copying rides that have been recorded by the device.

Plugging the device into a computer once in a while (not after every ride) is normal to do.

===================================

All of the units save recorded rides as files in the "\Garmin\Activities" folder on the memory (the "disk"") on the device.

The names of these files are the date and time the recording was started.

Garmin Express just copies these files to the website. It does not delete the files from the device.

Express has no issues copying multiple activity files and it only copies an activity one time (it uses the file name to know if it has the copy).

So, it would seem that you still have the activity files of all your past rides on the device.

With the device plugged into your computer, you can look at the files and folders on the device (just like any USB drive).

You might want to remove the old activity files once in a while.
      Last edited by dpawlyk; 01-05-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Thank very much, everyone who has helped me

Comment

Working...
        X