Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin Edge 520 losing GPS signal during ride!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Edge 520 losing GPS signal during ride!

Hello,

I just bought a Edge 520 and used it about 5 times and 2 of these were long rides about 3-4 hours. So its new and I have not used it much yet.
    It finds satellite real quick even inside my garage / house and works fine for about 2 hours, then it starts dropping the GPS signal every other minute
    and it says "Searching Satellites.." on the screen.

I have made a reset, updated to the latest firmware via Garmin Express. Tried both GPS and GPS+GLONASS, no difference.

Is there something I can do to fix it or is something wrong with it?
    Because it finds the satellites so quick I just start riding directly, maybe I should leave it without movement for a while before I go riding.
    Maybe it will solve it self over time when I use it more and the unit remembers more satellites?

Thankful for any tips or insights!

Originally posted by maxhallden View Post
    ...Because it finds the satellites so quick I just start riding directly, maybe I should leave it without movement for a while...
    You are starting too soon. Give it more time, it will show satellites before it is really ready.
    5 minutes, just turn it on first while you get ready, with clear sky. Gives temperature and barometer time to acclimate also.

Comment

Originally posted by texmurphy View Post
      You are starting too soon. Give it more time, it will show satellites before it is really ready.
      5 minutes, just turn it on first while you get ready, with clear sky. Gives temperature and barometer time to acclimate also.
      Thanks, I will try this!
      When riding, signal drops back and forth, I restart and it finds signal instantly then it works for a while. Strange!

Comment

I have the same problem with my 2 month old 520, after a couple of hours it keeps losing the gps signal..

Comment

I've had the same problems with my old 520. My vendor replaced it with a new one. However the new one has the same problems. When I also run my old 810 in parallel, only the 520 says "Searching Satellites". The 810 works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X