No announcement yet.

Course navigation in Firmware 2.60

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course navigation in Firmware 2.60

Is there a way to disable the new "improved" course navigation, or am I doing something wrong?

I found that after the upgrade it makes the courses almost unusable.

It's always jumping away from my current screen to show me distance to next point and spouting random directions at me when previously in 2.50 it would just stay on whatever screen I had specified.

Now I'm continually tapping on the screen to get back to my previous screen, only to have it jump again every 5 seconds.

I really want to downgrade or an option to disable this "improved" navigation, it's almost unusable now.

Last edited by SADD3J; 06-21-2013, 06:37 AM.

No way to disable that. I'm having the same problem. It's completely unusable now.

Comment

Sorry to hear you're now having trouble, it sounds like this one isn't a very popular update....

Have either of you tried rolling back the software to the previous firmware? If so, was it successful?

Comment

You can downgrade using the program "FirmwarePatcher"

Comment

Originally posted by JAYMEFERREYRA View Post
          You can downgrade using the program "FirmwarePatcher"
          I tried searching for this but the garmin firmware patcher I found doesn't seem to list the 510 as a supported device. Though it does support the 800 and 810 series...

Please everyone chime in if you do or don't have this problem! its basically turned my new cycling computer into a piece of junk more likely to make me crash than anything.

I'd love to be wrong and just stupid but I spent a good hour trying to disable this navigation without any luck.

Comment

The 510 is supported, I already do it

Comment

Originally posted by SADD3J View Post
              I tried searching for this but the garmin firmware patcher I found doesn't seem to list the 510 as a supported device. Though it does support the 800 and 810 series...

Please everyone chime in if you do or don't have this problem! its basically turned my new cycling computer into a piece of junk more likely to make me crash than anything.

I'd love to be wrong and just stupid but I spent a good hour trying to disable this navigation without any luck.

I have the same issue - it's still a waste of time, and absolutely no improvement on what went before.

Comment

Originally posted by JAYMEFERREYRA View Post
                The 510 is supported, I already do it
                Can you please direct me to the link of the program you're using? I did manage to find one last night but when i tried downgrading, I received an error saying the file wasn't supported (something along those lines, sorry I deleted the program after it failed).

Many thanks.

Sam

Comment

Send me you email by PM

Comment

@JAYMEFERREYRA - Many thanks, I have sent my email address in the PM.

Comment

@JAYMEFERREYRA - I have tried sending you another PM as the first one appears to have not gone through, however I did just notice whilst back in the PM's, it has a field you need to select to 'SAVE' the message - sorry first time I have sent a PM

Comment

I have the same "issue" withe 2.60 and folowing a course, made my brand new toy useless för 80% of my training :-(
                        Annyone how got a clue how to roolback to 2.50?
                        Files, guides....

Tryed JAYMEFERREYRA 's tip refering "FirmwarePatcher", a dead end whit alot of varnings from Chrome...

Comment

Just give me some minutes and I can send the firmware patcher program, and the firmware 2.3 already patched.

Edit: see your email box
                          Last edited by JAYMEFERREYRA; 06-22-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks.

Confirming I have received the files, instructions and patched version of 2.3.

Gives me a little more confidence in upgrading knowing I can roll back.

Comment

cool I help

Comment

Working...
                              X