Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Course navigation in Firmware 2.60

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by BSMITH201 View Post
    I found the email for the VP of operations online and shot him an email about the issues with 510 including this one. To my surprise he actually responded TWICE to me today to appologize and assure me they are fixing it. Very encouraging and surprising.

    "Brandon:

    I am now told this issue will be fixed in an August software update.

    It certainly is not our intention to have our customers trouble shoot our systems. I am not sure what all went on with the Edge 510 development and release, but our goal is to offer a more stable and robust system when we bring out new products in the future.

    Regards,
    Dan"
    The support is always very polite. Just nothing happens!!! Or do we see any real progress on fixing the course issues here? Just giving a heads-up. They are fighting course issues in 5xx series since version Edge 500 v2.6, out around 3!!!! years ago. There is NO 100% working course navigation since this version.

    Comment


    • #77
      Course navigation working again !

      Originally posted by JAYMEFERREYRA View Post
      I updated the contents of the link I shared a few pages ago.
      Now there are 2 versions of the 2.5 firmware (option A and Option B):
      Option A: increases the version in 0.01 (eg 2.x1)
      Option B: increases the version in 0.08 (eg 2.x8)

      https://www.box.com/s/a45kjvmnfuc1s1c18ih1
      I now have successfully reverted FW back to version 2.5 using option B - and now once again have working course navigation.

      Many thanks JAYMEFERREYRA you have saved my 510 from an early end !

      ps. still waiting to hear from the Garmin support team in response to the ticket I raised.

      Comment


      • #78
        I'm glad I could help

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by JAYMEFERREYRA View Post
          I updated the contents of the link I shared a few pages ago.
          Now there are 2 versions of the 2.5 firmware (option A and Option B):
          Option A: increases the version in 0.01 (eg 2.x1)
          Option B: increases the version in 0.08 (eg 2.x8)

          https://www.box.com/s/a45kjvmnfuc1s1c18ih1
          Another 510 unit functional in v2.5 (option B) and waiting for a new official version.
          Thanks Jaymeferreyra!

          Comment


          • #80
            Cool

            Comment


            • #81
              I have done everything, finaly I have resend the device to my supplier and I have received a new edge 510. I will NOT update this to FW 2.6 for the time beiing and will wait until FW 2.7 and first look to the reviews before a update. I'm dissapointed, next time I will dig out more reviews before I will buy Garmin. I had a MIO before, never had problems, sad

              Comment


              • #82
                So did 2.7 fix the issues?

                Comment


                • #83
                  So you're saying if I follow a course on my 510 the power file will not be accurate? That's a deal breaker for me.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by TH3FRB View Post
                    So you're saying if I follow a course on my 510 the power file will not be accurate? That's a deal breaker for me.
                    Exactly. 8% of your data will be missing. Insanity.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I created a test course on RideWithGPS and had it active in my car driving to a race this weekend. It was constantly beeping and telling me I was off course and then finding the course again - this all while I was on a major highway. To create the course I used "follow roads" and "cycling" options and exported as a TCX. I'm on FW 2.7.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by TH3FRB View Post
                        I created a test course on RideWithGPS and had it active in my car driving to a race this weekend. It was constantly beeping and telling me I was off course and then finding the course again - this all while I was on a major highway. To create the course I used "follow roads" and "cycling" options and exported as a TCX. I'm on FW 2.7.
                        Happens to me as well although I only get it occurring a couple of times during a 30 - 50km ride.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          This was constantly - every 2-3min if not more often while driving on a very straight highway.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by BSMITH201
                            It did fix the specific issues of the unnecessary navigation warnings. However, we discovered another issue in which about once a minute the Garmin does not record 5 seconds of data. This causes holes in the data, short distances, and low averages. Garmin is aware of the issue and working on a fix:

                            "Brandon,
                            Thanks for your passion for the Edge bicycle computers. We are looking into your issue and have been able to reproduce the problem in house. We are working on ways to improve the performance and will let you know when we think we have something that is working.

                            If you are open, we will send you a beta version to test once we have a fix to help verify that we have corrected the issue.

                            Software development can often be tricky to accurately judge when we have an issue and trying to find the root cause. I hope to be able to get a beta version out by the 20th. If you have not heard from me by then please ping me again.

                            Thanks for your continued support."
                            Hi BSmith,

                            Have you heard anymore on this? Did they get a beta version out?

                            Cheers,
                            Brett

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by BRETTKP01 View Post
                              Hi BSmith,

                              Have you heard anymore on this? Did they get a beta version out?

                              Cheers,
                              Brett
                              It appears they did but the post was deleted.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X