Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly that's it.

Comment

Thanks JAYMEFERREYRA
      I have just downloaded the files and can't wait to get home and try it out :-)
      Tonight i might have my 510 back again ;-)

Comment

It's cool help you people

Comment

I actually don't mind the constant heading reminders concept... BUT... it would be great if the audio was just one very quick blip instead of a bleep de bleeeeeeeep, and then back to the normal screen after just 4 or 5 seconds.

The intersection warnings are a welcome addition though, course navigation is a BIG step forward in v2.6

Comment

Updated, and I too was very embarrassed at the weekend trying to lead a group to the start of a ride. Device became unusable. Had to resort back to iPhone which the 510 was bought to replace. Come on Garmin, please sort this out quickly. We are right in the middle of cycling season! Can you not just update firmware with an earlier more stable version of the courses feature? Was this feature even tested by anyone other than your own employees?

Comment

Any news about the course navigation?
              It didnt work for me neither. The same stupid popup every 30meters on a straight road.
              yesterday I downgrade therefore to FW 2.5 but Ive got the same Popup screen. cant follow a simple course like on my old edge 500.
              should I try a hard reset or why this bug is still on my FW 2.5??

Comment

I tried a course on Friday and the experience was dreadful. I was ridding south and my map would default to "heads up" mode UNTIL it wanted to give me directions, then it would FLIP itself around forcing north to be the top most direction on the screen. Completely disorienting when I come to a bend in the road and the Garmin tells me to go left when I know I should be going right.

Makes the feature pretty useless.

Comment

Double map cues, zoom level

Originally posted by SADD3J View Post
                  ... I like to blow it up to a decent zoom level and be able to judge where a turn is coming, it doesn't mean much to me if it's east or west since there's no roads or anything else to get my bearings with.
                  +1

I personally did like the map cues. But ...
                  1) Map cues should zoom to the level that I have set on breadcrumb screen. Showing me a squiggle of the whole course does no good.
                  2) As others noted, I should have the ability to turn them off.

I actually got this working the other day for the first time. I was puzzled why I was getting the popup map screens and THEN I would get little notifications on the bottom. Either would be fine but ... why both?

Oh, and as others noted, there should only be map guidance at a road intersection. Though, I suspect this has more to do with the course creation software (BikeRouteToaster).

Experienced users please tell me if this is due to the way I created my map. In BikeRouteToaster I think I put my course points just AFTER a turn to keep it from auto routing off course. I trying just BEFORE a turn today. It would be nice if there was a manual describing all of this behavior. ;-)
                  Last edited by WTSMITH-NWI; 07-12-2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUZZATRONIC View Post
                    I tried a course on Friday and the experience was dreadful. I was ridding south and my map would default to "heads up" mode UNTIL it wanted to give me directions, then it would FLIP itself around forcing north to be the top most direction on the screen. Completely disorienting when I come to a bend in the road and the Garmin tells me to go left when I know I should be going right.

Makes the feature pretty useless.
                    My question to garmin is if they have ever tested one of their updates out on an actual unit in a real life setting before releasing the feature? How could any QA department allow this to go out? I cannot wait for the day that a competitor introduces a product that gets rid of Garmin's monopoly in the cycling market. It boggles my mind how a company this poorly run, in which every update breaks a feature while fixing another one, can continue to survive. Rolling back to 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by BSMITH201 View Post
                      My question to garmin is if they have ever tested one of their updates out on an actual unit in a real life setting before releasing the feature? How could any QA department allow this to go out? I cannot wait for the day that a competitor introduces a product that gets rid of Garmin's monopoly in the cycling market. It boggles my mind how a company this poorly run, in which every update breaks a feature while fixing another one, can continue to survive. Rolling back to 2.5
                      I have one theory, and its based on the following....

1. Upgrade device to new firmware
                      2. Turn device on
                      3. See ride screen
                      4. Switch off
                      5. Release software to beta testers (Yes... unfortunately us consumers)

Sam

Comment

I could do with some advice on how best to use navigation. I have a ride this weekend which I'd need navigation help on. At the moment it's looking like I'll take a paper map and map case and do it the old way.

Is there a way of just saving the waypoints so I get "Turn Right" but not the direction changes in between? If I look at the map display with a course from BikeRouteToaster I see the waypoints marked so the 510 knows about them. I've not found BRT or Garmin Connect better at getting working navigation. (Maybe I should have saved up for the 810?)

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARD_M0RJC View Post
                          (Maybe I should have saved up for the 810?)
                          Euhhmm, that one ain't better, believe me.

Comment

Hi, since I have updated firmware 2.6 the device is not reacting or only partly reacting via the touchscreen. I have reset, reboot the edge 510 but stil have the same problem. How can I reset it back to the previous software and does it help. This is very anoying buying such a costly device which is not working after an "upgrade"
                            Last edited by RTI1965; 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I thought I was going mad this morning. Updated last night and headed out on a new MTB route to day. Got lost.

Has this been fixed or is a firmware roll back possible.

Comment

I still dont understand why people are upgrading to the new F/M given that it is plagued with problems.

Richard, your best bet would be just to load a simple map, set the navigation screen to about 3-5kms (depending on your speed of travel) and check this every so often to ensure you're still on track or to get a visual of your next turn - I have tested this and it takes under 5 seconds to check the map and get back to your previous data screen and actually works quite well.

RTI1965, Unfortunately the only way we learn of problems is from experience, this is a new one to me and I would recommend a rollback (Search, Firmware Patcher) to F/M2.5 to see if this improves - however before doing so, have you tried doing a full reset of the device?

Gkinning, a roll back is possible (Search; Firmware Patcher) however it has been reported that it does not remove all the new (can I call it that?) features implemented in the new release. One example is the direction notification changes every 10 or so seconds, even when rolling back to 2.5 the unit still displayed this problem.

Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X