No announcement yet.

Just bought 510 and time zone is wrong

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought 510 and time zone is wrong

This may be an old question, but the time zone is wrong on my 510. I downloaded the update and the time zone update. Worked as described, but the time is still wrong.

Can someone tell me how to correct?

How far is the time off by and what time zone are you in?
    - Alan

Comment

I am in Central (US). It is ahead by about 7 hours.

Comment

That sounds like the timezone file is corrupt.

Delete the
        Garmin\gmaptz.img file off the Edge.

Run the Web updater and it will re-install the file.
        (http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=999-99999-27)

Switch the unit on outside where it can get a GPS signal. Once it has GPS fix check the time. If it is still wrong then let me know.
        - Alan

Comment

Time just won't correct itself.

Originally posted by AWEATHERALL View Post

Delete the

Switch the unit on outside where it can get a GPS signal. Once it has GPS fix check the time. If it is still wrong then let me know.
          Ok, deleted that img file, run the web updater (many times), switched it on outside, but yet time on device just all wrong.

But when i upload the files to strava, the time is fine for when I started my rides. But displayed time on the unit during my ride is showing a USA time zone, but I am in Singapore.

All rather frustrating.

What to do now? I have also wiped the device and re-installed everything to no avail.

Comment

The date-time-stamp inside the FIT uses UTC so sites like Strava can apply the time zone shift when they display information.

It sounds like an error in the time zone map file.

When you say US time is that central time? I believe that when there is a problem with the time zone data that the Edge defaults to the time zone of Garmin HQ.

I have taken the latest version of the time zone file (Version 13) and have placed it on a dropbox location. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33919776/gmaptz.img

Try deleting the one off your device and place this one in the Garmin folder on the Edge.

Switch the Edge on and place it so that it can get a GPS lock.

Let me know if it fixes it.
            - Alan

Comment

The date-time-stamp inside the FIT uses UTC so sites like Strava can apply the time zone shift when they display information.

It sounds like an error in the time zone map file.

When you say US time is that central time? I believe that when there is a problem with the time zone data that the Edge defaults to the time zone of Garmin HQ.

I have taken the latest version of the time zone file (Version 13) and have placed it on a dropbox location. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33919776/gmaptz.img

Try deleting the one off your device and place this one in the Garmin folder on the Edge.

Switch the Edge on and place it so that it can get a GPS lock.

Let me know if it fixes it.

All fixed, thanks!

Comment

Today I had workout with date of 20th April. Why it happened? How to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by JAMESCOLE99 View Post
                  All fixed, thanks!
                  Worked for me as well!

Thanks

Comment

This just fixed my Forerunner 210. It had me in the wrong time zone despite downloading the full firmware several time. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BVERDON@GMAIL.COM View Post
                      Worked for me as well!

Thanks
                      Worked for me as well. THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by BVERDON@GMAIL.COM View Post
                        Worked for me as well!

Thanks
                        +1

Thanks!

Comment

Same problem, this fix it. Thank you very much...

Comment

Can this be done on a Mac ?

I just had to format my 510... It was a hassle because I do not own a PC and had to use someone else's. Now I am having this time zone issue. Can I perform this fix on a Mac ? It's nuts that this device does not allow something as simple as a manual time change. Loved the Garmin at first but am starting to hate it and wish I had the money back.

Delete the

Comment

If you click the link, you'll see there is a webupdater for mac's. Manual time changing on a GPS device presents many issues. Especially for those that will often cross timezones while performing an activity.
                              I'm just a forum member....
                              I am not affiliated with Garmin other than I own some of their products. For all practical purposes this is a member-to-member help forum.

For Garmin Support from Garmin Employees go here --> Garmin Support Website To make suggestions to Garmin or just to rant go here --> Submit Ideas to Garmin

Comment

Working...
                              X