This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKUTTER View Post
    You can export them from TC (probably as a tcx file) and then upload them to GC. Not ideal, but should work. ...
    I gave it a go. While all the data appears just fine in GTC the export of the 2 suspect files to TCX and subsequent upload to GC failed due to error.

I also tried the new FIT Converter that is available on this forum. Same failure trying to upload those TCX files to GC as well.

Converting to GPX fared no better.
    Last edited by RDONSON; 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM.
    Ron

Comment

just to chime in, my last two rides fail on upload, but they import into TC just fine. I tried exporting to TCX and that also fails on upload.

what gives? its terribly annoying. I'm sure they are trying to fix this, but I feel like a beta tester.
      Attached Files

Comment

uploaded ok today; same files gave upload error yesterday

Originally posted by RDONSON View Post
        I gave it a go. While all the data appears just fine in GTC the export of the 2 suspect files to TCX and subsequent upload to GC failed due to error.

I also tried the new FIT Converter that is available on this forum. Same failure trying to upload those TCX files to GC as well.

Converting to GPX fared no better.
        I have had an edge 500 for about 6 weeks now. Here's my experience with corrupt .fit files and maybe a couple ideas to try. Out of about a couple dozen activity files, I have had 3 fail to upload to GC.

I managed to salvage one file by doing this -- upload into TC, export file, upload manually into GC. It worked for that one file.

But yesterday I had 2 more files that wouldn't upload into GC. I tried the TC to GC routine but GC still would not load even the exported files, giving me the usual red "upload failed" message.

So that brings us to this morning. I created a short activity file (start/stop/reset, only 1 second), then connected to GC as usual. The dummy short file, plus the 2 that wouldn't load yesterday, loaded just fine.

Of course I can't explain why they loaded ok today but not yesterday, but thought I'd mention it.

David

Comment

Originally posted by RDONSON View Post
          Happy to oblige.
          These should be fixed. Let me know if you have any issues uploading them to Garmin Connect.

I noticed that these look like indoor activities. Is that correct?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MONOVICH View Post
            just to chime in, my last two rides fail on upload, but they import into TC just fine. I tried exporting to TCX and that also fails on upload.

what gives? its terribly annoying. I'm sure they are trying to fix this, but I feel like a beta tester.
            Your fixed file is attached.

Also, I was able to upload 2010-01-27-14-37-42.fit without having to fix anything so you may want to try uploading it again .
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kc15test; 01-28-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KCARLSON15 View Post
              These should be fixed. Let me know if you have any issues uploading them to Garmin Connect.

I noticed that these look like indoor activities. Is that correct?
              They uploaded to Garmin Connect just fine. Thank you!!!!

Yes, they were indoor trainer sessions with no GPS data.
              Ron

Comment

Originally posted by KCARLSON15 View Post
                Your fixed file is attached.

Also, I was able to upload 2010-01-27-14-37-42.fit without having to fix anything so you may want to try uploading it again .
                how odd. It did work like you said. many thanks for fixing the other one though!

Comment

Went for my first ride with the 500. Tried to download (after following instructions - stop, lap reset) but got 'internal server error'. Would not upload to either GC or TC. See attached file. Any ideas? There was another thread on here that mentioned turning the AutoLap function off - I'll try that tomorrow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've seen no rhyme or reason as to when the Edge 500 corrupts files. It just seems to happen no matter how careful I've been with the sequence of: timer off, reset, power off or features selected. KCARLSON15 may be in a position to shed more light. He managed to fix my corrupt files and thankfully I've not experienced it since then.

edit: I've always used an AutoLap set to 5 miles (the default I believe)
                    Last edited by RDONSON; 02-08-2010, 08:26 AM.
                    Ron

Comment

I've had several rides that have given errors when importing/have been rejected as corrupted into to non-garmin software. Both times they've loaded into GTC fine. On all occasions rubiTrack has complained about incorrect/unrecognised time stamps, it has imported the resultant TCX & GPX files produced by GTC

Comment

Originally posted by BOOHGUTS View Post
                        Went for my first ride with the 500. Tried to download (after following instructions - stop, lap reset) but got 'internal server error'. Would not upload to either GC or TC. See attached file. Any ideas? There was another thread on here that mentioned turning the AutoLap function off - I'll try that tomorrow.
                        Unfortunately I can't fix this file for you but I do have a couple of questions.

Did you notice the device unexpectedly shutdown during this activity?

Were you doing a course?

How long would you say your activity should have been? Does 75 kilometers or ~47 miles sound correct?

Comment

I've got a corrupt file too

Great toy, but second test ride with my Edge 500 and I cannot upload (via Garmin connect or copying the file). Here's the file - can you help?

I should add, device seemed to work fine, no crash, no reboot, no laps, no course etc.

Update 11th Feb - worked for my third ride, then failed again for my fourth. Difference I can see is that I stopped but pressed reset for less than three seconds so it registered a lap. Then I reset again. I tested this theory and proved that the FIT file gets corrupted with the following sequence: Start, Stop, Lap, Reset.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by fernleyj; 02-11-2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: Further information

Comment

Press stop before rest?

come to think of it, that is what I must have done after my lock up. my cateye starts and stops on its own, after being awakened that is.

i haven't yet retried using the courses yet though.

Comment

Another Corrupt file - please fix Mr Garmin

Ok hope the dev guys can fix my outdoor session. about 33 km /1 hour 5 min approx in Perth, Australia.

Not very impressed to shell out all the $$ only to find i can't see my data..

Anyway i have attached my *.fit file for what will hopefully be just a easy fix for someone with the right tools...

I just tried the import into GTC, then import the subsequent trx file back into garmin connect. that kind-of worked...it said my distance was 58 km. no way. it was no more than 35 km as i do the same route most days...

still looking for someone to fix the atached file if possible...

software version i have is 2.10

cheers
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by JOHNSNUGGLES; 02-14-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FERNLEYJ View Post
                                Update 11th Feb - worked for my third ride, then failed again for my fourth. Difference I can see is that I stopped but pressed reset for less than three seconds so it registered a lap. Then I reset again. I tested this theory and proved that the FIT file gets corrupted with the following sequence: Start, Stop, Lap, Reset.
                                I see you are still using the 2.00 firmware. If you update your device to 2.10 on our website, this issue has been fixed.
                                Last edited by kc15test; 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X