Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .FIT Converter

Hello everyone
    I realised a GPS files converter, which can now decode .FIT files, and can save to GPX or TCX format
    It's pretty basical, read the file all in one, so doesn't cut if differents tracks are in the same file

it's written using visual C#, so you'll need compact frame work 3.5 to make it run

enjoy, and any comment is welcome ;-)
    Attached Files

I downloaded your fit converter but could not get it to install. I have framework 3.5 installed. Any suggestions?

Comment

Any chance you'd be willing to share the source code? More just out of curiosity than anything else.
      Tri Blog: http://www.dcrainmaker.com

Comment

The converter seems to work for me at least in converting the files. Do you have any error handling if you find something in the .fit file that's a problem? I'm curious because I have a .fit file that Gamin Connect won't/can't handle but your converter seems to breeze through it.
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by WIREBOOK View Post
          Any chance you'd be willing to share the source code? More just out of curiosity than anything else.
          hello
          no problem, give me your mail adress and i'll send it to you

Comment

Originally posted by RDONSON View Post
            The converter seems to work for me at least in converting the files. Do you have any error handling if you find something in the .fit file that's a problem? I'm curious because I have a .fit file that Gamin Connect won't/can't handle but your converter seems to breeze through it.
            my converter simply read the track points in file using the description given on the fit format post , but don't handle any error

Comment

Originally posted by TRICKYEDGE500 View Post
              I downloaded your fit converter but could not get it to install. I have framework 3.5 installed. Any suggestions?
              nothing to install, just normaly have to run the .exe file ... which error occurs ?

Comment

Originally posted by MANUXC View Post
                hello
                no problem, give me your mail adress and i'll send it to you
                dcrainmakerblog@gmail.com

Thanks!

Comment

Hi WIREBOOK! In your blog review of the Edge 500 you noted that you had concerns about the high reflectivity of the display screen. Have you found this to be a problem over the long term or is it not a real issue?

Thanks,
                  Bob
                  Seven Axiom SG
                  w/ Campy Record 11
                  Garmin Edge 500, 305
                  GSC-10
                  27" iMac 2.8 GHz Quad Core i5

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTDAINES View Post
                    Hi WIREBOOK! In your blog review of the Edge 500 you noted that you had concerns about the high reflectivity of the display screen. Have you found this to be a problem over the long term or is it not a real issue?
                    The 500 screen is just slightly larger with slightly larger text for the same layout size as the Edge 305.
                    However the 500 is a little harder to read. I think the reason may be because the 500 has the screen mounted in a white reflective plate. The Edge 305 screen is mounted in a black plate.
                    I am considering adding a black rim to my Edge 500's screen and seeing if the result has less glare or is easier to read. Will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTDAINES View Post

Thanks,
                      Bob
                      It's been hard to say. My issue is that I can't get any sunny days that I can get back out again (that don't involve 24" of snow, ice, or me travelling). I've been using it on non-sunny days without any issue and it's been fine. But sunny days are when I see the issues the most.

Comment

Originally posted by WIREBOOK View Post
                        It's been hard to say. My issue is that I can't get any sunny days that I can get back out again (that don't involve 24" of snow, ice, or me travelling). I've been using it on non-sunny days without any issue and it's been fine. But sunny days are when I see the issues the most.
                        I had a similar problem and decided to see if I could cut down on the glare. Apple makes a great anti glare film for the ipod touch. I had an extra one lying around and decided to cut it to the shape of the Edge 500 and it works perfectly. No glare, no scratches, no worries.

p.s. Dig your blog.

Comment

MANUXC,

I thought I should share this message I received today running the converter. It occurred after a conversion and the conversions seem OK.

I'm running Win XP Pro SP3 with all the latest patches.

==============================================
                          See the end of this message for details on invoking
                          just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                          System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1453' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
                          Parameter name: Value
                          at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
                          at TCXConverter.c_FIT_in.m_chargerFichier(String vl_nomfichier, formMain vl_formMain)
                          at TCXConverter.formMain.m_ouvrirFichier(String vl_nom)
                          at TCXConverter.formMain.e_bFichier_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                          at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                          mscorlib
                          Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
                          Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
                          CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
                          ----------------------------------------
                          TCXConverter
                          Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                          Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                          CodeBase: file:///D:/Ron's%20Stuff/Garmin%20Edge%20500/TCXConverter.exe
                          System.Windows.Forms
                          Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
                          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                          System
                          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                          System.Drawing
                          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                          System.Core
                          Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
                          Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
                          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
                          System.Xml
                          Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
                          CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
                          To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                          application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                          jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                          The application must also be compiled with debugging
                          enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
                          <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                          </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                          will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                          rather than be handled by this dialog box.
                          Ron

Comment

can you please send me the file you tried to convert ?

manuxc at free.fr (i let you gess the real adress, to avoid robots looking emails)

Comment

Originally posted by MANUXC View Post
                              can you please send me the file you tried to convert ?

manuxc at free.fr (i let you gess the real adress, to avoid robots looking emails)
                              Email with files sent to you.
                              Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X