No announcement yet.

Multipul HR sensors found Hit Enter???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipul HR sensors found Hit Enter???

Since I update to 2.7 (may or may not be related) both times I started my 500 I get a "Multiple HR sensors found Hit Enter (paraphrase)" I hit Enter and it pops back up. It will do this several times. I was in a group rides with other Garmin's but have never had this problem before.

I have noticed that with 2.70, scan for ANT+ HR does not retain a device id. (CAD and PM device id's are saved).
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Did 2.60, and prior, save the ANT+ HR device id? I seem to remember it did.

If 2.70 does not save the ANT+ HR device id, then Edge 500 power on will synch with any close by HR. So you may want to power up the 500 in isolation.

Comment

I have the same issue with 2.7
      If I ride in group without my puls sensor then my Edge just finds another puls signal and show that instead. I will go back to 2.6
      Kind regards
      Morten Lassen, Denmark | Edge 1000 | FR920XT | Vivoactive |

Comment

Originally posted by TEXMURPHY View Post
        I have noticed that with 2.70, scan for ANT+ HR does not retain a device id. (CAD and PM device id's are saved).
        Has anyone else noticed this?
        Did 2.60, and prior, save the ANT+ HR device id? I seem to remember it did.

If 2.70 does not save the ANT+ HR device id, then Edge 500 power on will synch with any close by HR. So you may want to power up the 500 in isolation.
        Did you report/submit this bug to Garmin? I had forgotten that I purchased a second HRM a few months back so I strapped them both on today to confirm your discovery. So, one can either run 2.60 and have the 500 retain their HRM ID but lose their Power Meter ID when switching profiles, or vice versa with v2.70!

Comment

I have sumbitted this as bug to Garmin.
          - Alan

Comment

Originally posted by AWEATHERALL View Post
            I have sumbitted this as bug to Garmin.
            Mine is also doing this now. Never noticed until I checked.

Comment

Just to add to the list of users experiencing this. Was on the start line for a race on Sunday and it kept bleeping at me to hit Enter .. and just came back to me with the same
              Hence lost all HR stats for the event. Bloody useless!
              Mike

Edge 500 + HR/Cadence

Comment

So it appears that with 2.7 the 500 tries to pair (or at least wan't you to confirm that these are not you) with any other HR ANT+ strap. However it doesn't "see" other ANT+ devices like the wheel sensor.

Wonder if this problem is universal or only effects a small percentage of users?
                Last edited by julien321; 05-10-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Here is the issue and a work around.

On powering up the Edge 500 is not using the sensor ID of the saved HRM ID.

You can test this by powering up your 500 without wearing your HRM, navigate to the ANT+ Heart Rate page, select sensor details and you will see a sensor ID of zero.

Now if you are powering up in isolation of other HRM then your own HRM will be found and you will not have an issue. This is why many users will never see this problem.

If however you are close to other units you will get the multiple units detected message.

To work around this issue you can enter the sensor ID manually.

To do this you need to know your sensor ID.
                  So first successfully pair with your HRM in isolation of other units and then go to the sensor details page and make a note of the HRM sensor ID.

Then if you encounter the multiple unit message in the future you can navigate to the sensor details page and manually enter your sensor ID and it will then pair with your HRM.

I'm sure a fix will be forthcoming.
                  - Alan

Comment

You can test this by powering up your 500 without wearing your HRM, navigate to the ANT+ Heart Rate page, select sensor details and you will see a sensor ID of zero.

Now if you are powering up in isolation of other HRM then your own HRM will be found and you will not have an issue. This is why many users will never see this problem.
                    This happened to me tonight, and I'm not positive this explanation is entirely true.

When I got to my group ride, I put my Edge on top of my car and turned it on and let it acquire satellites while I got my bike ready and finished putting on my clothes. I also put on my HRM strap. I had gotten to the ride early, so nobody else was around me.

I started a warmup ride. After a mile or so, I caught up to two guys. I rode with them for another mile or so before I noticed that I wasn't getting any HR value.

At that point, I did try to pair while I was riding with them, but I got the multiple devices error, so I had to stop and let them ride ahead while I tried to re-pair. Eventually they got out of range and I got it set up correctly.

But back to the initial part of this story -- when I first turned it on, I was pretty much alone in the parking lot. If what you say is true, then the Edge should have just paired with my HRM, but it didn't.

At any rate, I'll try the fix you suggested. It is going to be a bit of a hassle remembering that number and entering every time I use my Edge in a group, though.

Comment

If however you are close to other units you will get the multiple units detected message.

To work around this issue you can enter the sensor ID manually.

To do this you need to know your sensor ID.
                      So first successfully pair with your HRM in isolation of other units and then go to the sensor details page and make a note of the HRM sensor ID.

Then if you encounter the multiple unit message in the future you can navigate to the sensor details page and manually enter your sensor ID and it will then pair with your HRM.

I'm sure a fix will be forthcoming.
                      Unfortunately, once you start getting the "Multiple HR Sensors Found" message, the Garmin won't retain your ID even if you try entering it manually (in between the once-every-couple-of-seconds message popping up). I actually tried entering my ID and clicking on Done, but as I returned to the main screen display the "Multiple Sensors" message popped up again... and again... and again. Going back to the sensor ID screen, the ID was set back to 0. So it appears that the only way to successfully lock your HR Sensor to your 500 is that you must go somewhere isolated and then rescan (or enter manually). Needless to say this is a big pain when you're preparing to race at an event.

Comment

This explains what happened to my HR data at the first race with 2.7. I suspect it may have affected power data, too.

Have gone back to 2.6. While there is the extra step of turning the device off when switching bikes, at least I understand that problem and it is not occurring in the minutes before a race.

Comment

Originally posted by PSJOYCE View Post
                          This explains what happened to my HR data at the first race with 2.7. I suspect it may have affected power data, too.

Have gone back to 2.6. While there is the extra step of turning the device off when switching bikes, at least I understand that problem and it is not occurring in the minutes before a race.
                          The problem is only with the HRM ID. The ID's for the other sensors are correctly stored and used.
                          - Alan

Comment

...so what are the odds of getting a 2.8 correction update in the next 4 weeks or less? Is there a precedent for Garmin quickly offering a correction update to fix introduced firmware problems are or we likely "stuck" for many months?

Comment

Originally posted by JULIEN321 View Post
                              ...so what are the odds of getting a 2.8 correction update in the next 4 weeks or less? Is there a precedent for Garmin quickly offering a correction update to fix introduced firmware problems are or we likely "stuck" for many months?
                              I'd hazard a guess that we'll be "stuck" but I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X