Temperature issue

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature issue

Hello!

I've recently just bought an edge 500 and I have found but one current niggle

I can see a temperature reading while I am on a ride. However when i upload to Garmin Training Center and Garmin Connect, there are no records of temperature. I've looked on the net and searched the forums but found nothing! Anyone know how i can fix this?

Many thanks.

EDIT: Second page first post for reason why and solution for anyone else with this problem.
    Last edited by im-bald-ok; 01-04-2011, 12:36 PM.

Can you post a link to your activity? (make sure that it's set to public if you do).

Does the word temperature appear in the right column without showing a graph? If that is the case, the graph is hidden and you can click on the small arrow to expand it.

Comment

So far in my experience with the Edge 500, the temperature reading is so far off from reality that it is useless anyway. Honestly, I don't know why they bothered to include it as a feature. YMMV
      Seven Axiom SG
      w/ Campy Record 11
      Garmin Edge 500, 305
      GSC-10
      27" iMac 2.8 GHz Quad Core i5

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTDAINES View Post
        So far in my experience with the Edge 500, the temperature reading is so far off from reality that it is useless anyway. Honestly, I don't know why they bothered to include it as a feature. YMMV
        I agree. If it's within 10 degrees of the actual temp, it's having a good day.

Comment

I don't doubt what your saying, but some sort of reading would be nice to see.
          Seeing is believing as they say.
          http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61570563

Comment

That's very odd. Perhaps you should update to the latest firmware, V2.60. I've not heard of firmware v2.50 before.
            Ron

Comment

I have notice my temp is off as well. I know its about -3c out and it shows like +3.

And thats not at the start of the ride either.......so its had time to get used to the temp.

I am on 2.60

Comment

RDONSON I didn't notice that.

I installed 2.60 when I received it last week, so I don't know why it says I have 2.50 on Garmin connect.
                I have reinstalled Garmin Webupdater and software 2.60 on my device.
                It still says I have Software version 2.60 and GPS 2.40 on my device like before. However when I upload to Garmin Training center and then to Garmin Connect it says I have version 2.50 and still no temperature reading.

Before reinstalling: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61570563
                After reinstalling: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61939403

Anyone know why this is happening?
                I'm using a Macbook Pro with software Mac OS X 10.6.5 if that makes any difference.

Comment

I do not see any temperature readings in Garmin TC or Garmin Connect as well. However, the temperature is viewable in Ascent and rubiTrack. Both of these programs provide a graph of temperature for the duration of the ride (a good laugh it is too).
                  Seven Axiom SG
                  w/ Campy Record 11
                  Garmin Edge 500, 305
                  GSC-10
                  27" iMac 2.8 GHz Quad Core i5

Comment

Hmmmm.... I use a MacBook Pro and FireFox quite often to upload my activities and don't have this problem. I did install the latest firmware from a Windoze PC though.
                    Ron

Comment

I figured it out for anyone else with this problem.
                      I was uploading to GTC first and transferring the information from there to GC.

The problem is that GTC does not have a graph function for Temperature and so wasn't transferring. Maybe this could be looked into by the Garmin engineers for a future upgrade?

Thanks for all your input.

Comment

Originally posted by IM-BALD-OK View Post

The problem is that GTC does not have a graph function for Temperature and so wasn't transferring. Maybe this could be looked into by the Garmin engineers for a future upgrade?

It's actually because the TCX xml schema does not have an element for temperature, probably because the EDGE 705 couldn't record that data.

Comment

I am having the same problem. Thanks for sharing why.

Now, when is Garmin going to fix this??

Originally posted by IM-BALD-OK View Post

Comment

Working...
                          X