No announcement yet.

1030 Crashing when Editing Map Screen

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1030 Crashing when Editing Map Screen

Just got my 1030 this morning and have spent the last hour setting it up. All well so far, except when I try to change the data fields on the Map data screen, the thing just crashes every single time (I'm running the latest software). As this is the screen I'm using 99% of the time this is quite a big deal for me.

Anyone else experiencing this? I can edit the data fields on other screens (such as the compass or elevation screens) without any issues, it's just the map screen.
    Last edited by NeilJonesOnline; 09-13-2017, 04:47 AM.

Yup... I posted about it somewhere.... I haven't tried putting any data fields on the map since.

Comment

Thanks, now I know it's not just me I won't waste any time resetting the unit and starting again from scratch
      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-13-2017, 06:17 AM. Reason: Try not to quote the post immediately above yours. It's not necessary and just clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Could you look in the Garmin\Debug folder and see if there is a an err_log.txt file, if so could you post that and also the activity profile from the Garmin\Sports folder that you were trying to change the map page on.

I can change the map page without any issue, not that this helps you.
        - Alan

Comment

Sure, here you go:

err_log.txt

CyclingRoadROAD.fit

I've also tried the MTB profile (which was unchanged from the original) with the same result.

Thanks,

Neil
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-13-2017, 08:45 AM. Reason: Please try not to quote the post directly above yours, it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread, thanks.

Comment

Also experiencing the same issue, tried OS maps on SD card and still the same.

Comment

I'm guessing you have the map in 3D mode? If I put it in 3D mode and try and add data fields then it does crash.
              - Alan

Comment

Yes! Just tried switching back to 'North Up' mode and have been able to change the data fields successfully. It crashed (rebooted) when I tried to change the map mode back to 3D afterwards, but it does look like that it's accepted that change. Unfortunately I'm not going to get chance to ride and test it until tomorrow, but even if it doesn't like 3D and I have to revert to 2D maps, I can live with that until Garmin fix this.

Thanks very much!

Edit:
                Doesn't look like it likes 3D maps at all. If I start an activity and flip through to the map page, it just reboots. 2D it is for now then.
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-13-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I have reported the issue of the device shutting down for when attempting to use the map in 3D mode to our engineering team. As a temporary workaround, please use the device with Track Up or North Up under the map orientation menu. I will post an update once we have a resolution.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SJT70 View Post
                    I have reported the issue of the device shutting down for when attempting to use the map in 3D mode to our engineering team. As a temporary workaround, please use the device with Track Up or North Up under the map orientation menu. I will post an update once we have a resolution.
                    Thanks

Comment

Yes, I was also 3D mode, navigation didn't work at all on commute with 3D on and 1030 crashed every time i tried to look at map screen, turned it off 1/2 way home and bingo

Comment

Working...
                      X