Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin 1030 (sometimes) cannot discard ride...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same issue/concern and would like to be able to discard rides again like I could with the Edge 820! My use case is also with Zwift.

Comment

I have the same issue and it's bloody annoying, when I am on the trainer I use zwift and the garmin in front to see the current numbers and averages etc.... I would use the zwift upload to garmin/strava/TP and discard at the end the edge activity so it doesn't sync everywhere, but that doesn't work

Comment

+1 vote from me for bringing this back!

Comment

I have continued to pass on your feedback about this feature and the examples provided.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn-Garmin View Post
            I have continued to pass on your feedback about this feature and the examples provided.
            any news on this issue ? im really getting fed up of this
            so stupid that we cant select ourself if we wil save or delete a activity

Comment

why dont you all simply set the edge not to Auto upload activities then? Auto upload only the data from the fenix. then you dont have any double data on strava, right? this is how i always do it, and i have no Problem with it.

Comment

because i want to have the choice to select to either save or delete the activity as i have that choice on all other devices
                i dont want garmin to say that if my activity is longer than 13 km then i should not be allowed to delete it !!

i have found a workaround as you describe it but that is just not good enough Garmin needs to change the software back or im really close to say the edge 1030 is going back
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 01-31-2018, 01:23 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

anyone heard news from garmin about bringing back the discard feature ??

Comment

I have continued to report feedback about the save/discard experience on the Edge 1030 directly to our engineering team. I can report that there are plans to make changes to the feature to address the concerns mentioned here in a future software update. We appreciate the feedback and continued discussion.
                    sigpic

Comment

hello, any update on this issue? I too use multiple Garmin devices (Edge 1030 for cycling, Fenix 5 for multi sports) i use the fenix to keep a track of my recovery and loading (as it was intended) so being able to discard rides was a key advantage of my edge 1000. or another feature Garmin could consider would be to combine data from multiple devices giving only one, more complete dataset? It would over come the issue of doulbe rides in strava, training peaks etc.

Comment

one way to get around this is to create a second GC account and link the E1030 to that account. Then you can just save both the F5 and E1030 versions and you will not get duplicate data in your main account.

Comment

Another similar annoyance is that if you start an activity without hitting the start button a big start icon fills the screen every so often to remind you you're not recording. I regularly do an indoor training session on Zwift / BigRingVR or using the Xert android app which record the activity and upload to Strava etc, and I have a screen setup on my 1030 indoor profile which shows the Xert MPA fields, calories from fat and carbs etc. I just want this screen to be visable for my ride, I understand it's not recording and don't want to be reminded continuously. Ideally either add a config setting to turn this off (maybe by profile, it's useful when I ride outdoors) or prompt once per activity

Comment

I seem to remember you can turn that off in settings somewhere.

Comment

That setting is under the activity profile, "Timer Start Mode".
                              - Alan

Comment

is something going to happen soon on this issue ??? really getting sick of this anoying lack of feature (
                                2 moths ago i was told by Garmin support that they will bring back the option to discard the ride again but nothing has happended yet

Comment

Working...
                                X