No announcement yet.

Edge 1000 Displays Many Previous Routes when Cycling

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge 1000 Displays Many Previous Routes when Cycling

Is there a setting to stop my Edge 1000 from displaying numerous previous routes when riding? It has only started doing this a few months ago, so something must have changed to enable this "feature". It gets confusing with lots of old routes displayed, especially close to home.

There is a setting to make courses „always visible“, but it is hard to believe that you have activated this setting without knowing - by chance. It is no global setting but has to be enabled course by course.
    What you can do:
    identify one of the „always visible“ courses. Look if that course is stored under „courses“. If so, chose that course - it will load. Now scroll down to the bottom menu-line „settings“. Look if „always visible“ is activated.

What else comes into my mind:
    might have to do with Physio True Up - but I‘m absolutely no expert in that fields - I even don‘t know if Edge 1000 is capable of...
    Last edited by mcinner1; 01-13-2019, 08:21 AM.
    My favourite Connect-IQ-Data Field for EDGE: DIY by easuvorov! GUIDANCE

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but none of the past rides are saved as courses. The only courses I have are cycle touring routes in Europe, which would not appear with my regular riding routes in Australia.

Comment

Could it be that you are seeing segments on the map page?
        - Alan

Comment

Delete your ride history from device

Comment

I deleted one local ride and it no longer appears on the map. However, I am reluctant to delete all ride history, even though they are all uploaded to Garmin Connect. Also, deleting exisiting rides won't stop it happening in the future. I would like to know why it is happening in the first place. Even when I view the map for a ride from the history, many other rides are shown at the same time so it is hard to see the desired ride map.

Comment

Working...
            X