No announcement yet.

ConnectIQ broken in FW 14.50.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ConnectIQ broken in FW 14.50.

As seen on the Edge 820 and 1030 forums, the latest Edge 1000 FW 14.50 breaks CIQ apps and data fields on the device. It appears that all data fields do not run and just show a "IQ!". They don't appear to crash as there is nothing in the CIQ_LOG. When I try to change the settings for the app in GCM, I get a communications error and the settings do not load. This happens for every CIQ app I have. My widgets will run, but can't change settings. So if there is a need to change the settings it won't work. My other widget (AccuWeather minutecast) does not retrieve data from GCM, where my weather radar widget works fine except for settings.

I hope Garmin fixes this quickly. Looking forward to CIQ 2.4.1 as long as it works properly.
    My ConnectIQ apps

My sentiments exactly.

Since installing 14.50 I've had numerous shutdowns & CIQ app crashes. For anyone that hasn't installed it I'd recommend holding off until the issues are resolved

Comment

I wasted hours because I thought this was a bug in a new Connect IQ data field that I'm working on. I finally tested with another data field from the store and saw that it had the same problem and then I realized that it was a firmware issue. Super frustrating.

Garmin folks: the problem appears when the device goes into "deep sleep" mode. If you power off the device or suspend/resume quickly then everything works fine. However, if you suspend and leave it suspended for 20 seconds or more, it seems like the device goes into a deeper sleep mode. After resuming from this mode, all Connect IQ data fields just display the "IQ!" error and there is nothing in CIQ_LOG.TXT.

This is with FW 14.50 on an Edge 1000 device.

Comment

This looks to be a different issue to that reported on the 820 and 1030.

Anything in the Err_log.txt file in the Garmin\Debugging folder?
        Last edited by aweatherall; 12-04-2017, 10:40 AM.
        - Alan

Comment

aweatherall,

I don't recall seeing a err_log file on my device. The unit has not crashed, just not loading all the CIQ apps. When I get home tonight, I will look again and will post what I find if anything. In either case it is related to the up rev in CIQ to 2.4.1,
          My ConnectIQ apps

Comment

Thank you sabeard for directing me here . For anyone that is unclear how this error appears on the Edge 1000, I have posted two screen shots. The err-log file is in the Garmin\debugging folder. My file was last updated on 2nd Dec and I have used the device 3 times since. I have uploaded it in case anyone can determine anything from it.
            My accuweather app works perfectly.
            The failure of the data fields appears to follow no pattern. Of the last 4 times I turned my device on this evening to get screen shots, the data fields only failed once. HOWEVER, of the past 3 rides I have done, the data fields initially worked ok, but failed part way through the activity, remaining in that state for the rest of the ride.
            Please excuse my ignorance, but can anyone tell me if these forums are monitored by Garmin Support? I have raised a case (still waiting for case No. after 4 hours) and was told that I was the first person to report this fault! - can that really be true? .
            Attached Files

Comment

At that moment I have an activity running on my Edge 1000 with 4 IQ-datafields for testing purpose. My Edge 1000 seems to work flawlessly. Very strange...

PS: it is frustrating to upload pictures in that (new) forum - see the posting before mine.
              I myself did many tests to find out how to post pictures without shrinking them...

Comment

Originally posted by mcinner1 View Post
                At that moment I have an activity running on my Edge 1000 with 4 IQ-datafields for testing purpose. My Edge 1000 seems to work flawlessly. Very strange...

PS: it is frustrating to upload pictures in that (new) forum - see the posting before mine.
                I myself did many tests to find out how to post pictures without shrinking them...
                Strange indeed. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when these failures occur, which makes it very difficult to fault find or explain to someone. The main datafield that seems to fail most frequently is one called 'Live Peak Power', but there are others like DIY Data Field and various fields by hSoftware, where I've had failures & shutdowns.

The extract from the err_log.txt file below is a fairly common entry in the file sine the update to 14.50

ParserVersion 3
                UnitId: {3883875120}
                Product: {Edge 1000}
                SoftwarePartNumber: {006-B1836-00}
                Time: {2017-12-6 15:43:10}
                PackageVersion: {}
                SystemVersion: {14.50}
                PackageName: {RELEASE}
                Build_Tag: {RELEASE}
                build_type: {RELEASE}
                Symbols Error: {Symbols File Not Found}
                Backtrace: {
                Function Address: 0x00674F70
                Call Address at Function: 0x00674FDA

Function Address: 0x00665A74
                Call Address at Function: 0x00665AA0

Function Address: 0x004EC7CE
                Call Address at Function: 0x004EC80E

Function Address: 0x004ECEE6
                Call Address at Function: 0x004ECF2A

Function Address: 0x004EC5EC
                Call Address at Function: 0x004EC600

Function Address: 0x004EC604
                Call Address at Function: 0x004EC648

Function Address: 0x003E0A40
                Call Address at Function: 0x003E0AD4

Function Address: 0x003E0AF8
                Call Address at Function: 0x003E0BD4

Function Address: 0x004E1CF4
                Call Address at Function: 0x004E1F12

Function Address: 0x00569394
                Call Address at Function: 0x0056946E

Function Address: 0x0056951E
                Call Address at Function: 0x00569528

Function Address: 0x0058EF3E
                Call Address at Function: 0x0058F258

Function Address: 0x0058F2F6
                Call Address at Function: 0x0058F34E

Function Address: 0x003D79FA
                Call Address at Function: 0x003D7B6C

Function Address: 0x003D7C4C
                Call Address at Function: 0x003D7C80

Function Address: 0x003D7D60
                Call Address at Function: 0x003D7D86

Function Address: 0x003C47BA
                Call Address at Function: 0x003C48C8

}
                Assert_Info: {}
                RTL_Trap_Info: {
                Task ID: 0x01A28018
                Task Name: CDP main
                Error Number: 0x6E5D8024

Uptime: 372864
                Registers:
                0x00000000
                0x00000010
                0x01FCFA24
                0x01A27E00
                0x01FCF620
                0x00000006
                0x01FCF4E0
                0x00000001
                0x00000000
                0x00000000
                0x00000000
                0x00000000
                0x01FD039C
                0x01A27E00
                0x00672B29
                0x00674FDA

Error Message: Data abort, system r0-15 + cpsr}
                Exception_Info: {}
                Error_Cause: {1}

Last edited by hotdogpartysausage; 12-06-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by troelswh View Post
                  However, if you suspend and leave it suspended for 20 seconds or more, it seems like the device goes into a deeper sleep mode. After resuming from this mode, all Connect IQ data fields just display the "IQ!" error and there is nothing in CIQ_LOG.TXT.
                  I am trying to reproduce your problems with my Edge 1000. As I said before, I have 4 IQ datafields installed.
                  What do you mean by "idle"?
                  Not to start an activity and leave the device on home-screen?
                  To pause an activity and leave the device on home-screen?

Edit:
                  @hotdogpartysausage: I have 2 DIYs installed - more or less complicated ones (many elements) - no problem so far...
                  Last edited by mcinner1; 12-06-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I just finished a 1 hour activity with my Edge 1000.
                    Indoor but with sat-fix (senseless of course), connected to Android, HR-belt and Stages Power.
                    Although I tried everything to produce a problem (pause, keep it idle for minutes, change screens etc.), my Edge worked without any problem.
                    Very strange...

Comment

There is something going on, but it is not reliable enough to put my finger on it. For sure it is different on the Edge 1000 than the other Edge devices. Here is my setup.

Edge 1000 running FW 14.50 installed on Friday 12/1
                      HRM3
                      GSC-10
                      BT connection to Moto Z Play running GCM 4.1.9 - On Saturday and Sunday I was running GCM 4.1.8
                      CIQ data field - My Edge
                      CIQ data field - Charts
                      CIQ widget - Accuweather MinuteCast
                      CIQ widget - Weather Radar Widget

On Saturday and Sunday with everything noted above connected to the Edge, the two data fields would not run and just show IQ!. Weather Radar Widget would run, but accuweather would not download data. I also found out that pulling up the settings in GCM would show blank and not display. After about 10-15 seconds I get a notice on the phone that there was problems communicating with the device.

Today, I am getting more intermittent behavior. As of right now, the data fields are working and I can get into the app settings. Beyond updating GCM yesterday nothing else has changed. While everything appears to work right now, I did see the data fields fail once this evening.

Here is the contents of the new err_log.txt created this evening.

ParserVersion 3
                      UnitId: {3947609325}
                      Product: {Edge 1000}
                      SoftwarePartNumber: {006-B1836-00}
                      Time: {2017-12-6 20:11:35}
                      PackageVersion: {}
                      SystemVersion: {14.50}
                      PackageName: {RELEASE}
                      Build_Tag: {RELEASE}
                      build_type: {RELEASE}
                      Backtrace: {}
                      Assert_Info: {}
                      RTL_Trap_Info: {}
                      Exception_Info: {}
                      Error_Cause: {8}

Here is the error message in the CIQ_LOG file for when the data fields fail.
                      ERROR: Null Reference Error
                      DETAILS: Failed invoking <symbol>
                      STORE_ID: f93c3c35ce8047589714bd5b6b33cc61
                      CALLSTACK:

ERROR: Null Reference Error
                      DETAILS: Failed invoking <symbol>
                      STORE_ID: 4262c271a0b74e7babc6b9527668b027
                      CALLSTACK:

At this point, I will watch it and will report back when it fails again. Hopefully what ever it is if fixed with the update to GCM.
                      Last edited by sabeard; 12-06-2017, 09:10 PM. Reason: gramer
                      My ConnectIQ apps

Comment

- how did you post pictures without shrinking them? ????????
                        Also my case ref is Re: Case << Reference ID: 10663539K0 >> <Q#:1000104>
                        Garmin ask that people try to give ref to other similar cases when reporting this fault ( which as if this morning, they still denie knowledge of! ????????????.

Comment

Originally posted by troelswh View Post
                          However, if you suspend and leave it suspended for 20 seconds or more, it seems like the device goes into a deeper sleep mode. After resuming from this mode, all Connect IQ data fields just display the "IQ!" error and there is nothing in CIQ_LOG.TXT.

Now I was able to reproduce the problem on my Edge 1000. It is as you described it - with "suspend" you mean not to turn off the device completely but to send it into sleep mode (display goes black) and after a short time wake up the device. Then all IQs are gone and show the IQ-error!

Turning off completely and a new boot brings back the IQ datafields to normal.

Comment

Mine sometimes fails immediately when I turn it on but maybe only 15% of the time.
                            I did notice recently that when I retrieved my 1000 from my helmet after a coffee stop, that the IQ fields had failed. The unit had auto paused with the screen remaining visible. It had not gone into sleep mode.
                            trying to find any truly repeatable cause is going to be a nightmare.
                            cant Garmin just roll back the update then fix it while we get on with our rides?!

Comment

We are working on a fix for this issue and should have a resolution shortly. Thank you for reporting your findings and the good discussion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X