No announcement yet.

Delete Multiple Locations

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete Multiple Locations

Does anybody know how to do this on the Edge 1000. The Edge 810 folks say it can be done by deleting the locations.fit file in D:\Garmin\Locations but I have tried that with the Edge 1000 and it doesn't work. The problem is that when I recently download GOBA [Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure] into the Edge 1000 I must have gotten at least 100 locations and I don't want to go through them individual. I have now deleted the routes but the Locations remain -- BTW the routes worked fine. What makes matters worse is that I now have so many locations that I cannot install new ones. I don't know what to do other than a complete reset.

Also, nothing is recording to the 64 g micro SD card which I installed. How can I get usable data on that card?

Oliver

external memory

Enable data on external memory through the settings menus. Instructions in the manual. Sorry, I do not have those instructions memorized.

Comment

64Gb cards if they're to work must be formatted FAT32, which they aren't by default.
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

64 GB memory cards

SDXC memory cards are not read by my Edge 1000. I think it is a firmware limitation.

SDHC memory cards over 32 GB are not reliable in my experience. Perhaps you will have a different experience.

I partitioned a 64 GB SDHC memory card that was not working correctly to 32 GB and it works. Format as FAT.

Comment

64 Gig Memory Cards and deleting locations

I will try a 32 Gig card, but my immediate problem at the moment is deleting multiple locations.

I use the 64 Gig cards in my GoPro and it works fine except FAT puts a limitation on file size. When the file gets "full" The GoPro rolls over to a new file. The NFTS file system will handle larger file sizes but it is as I understand it a MicroSoft proprietary file system so that is why others don't use. The FAT file size limitation is 4 GB -1 and I don't think Edge 1000 files are affected by that

As for deleting locations, I have been able to read the "locations.fit" file using "Quickview Plus" and it seems to have only the three Garmin locations in it, but I have some 195 locations with only a number for a name showing up under saved locations. It looks like my only solution is a factory reset. It is a new unit so I have not done a lot of customization.

Comment

Mem Card and factory restart

Originally posted by OES59 View Post
            Does anybody know how to do this on the Edge 1000. The Edge 810 folks say it can be done by deleting the locations.fit file in D:\Garmin\Locations but I have tried that with the Edge 1000 and it doesn't work. The problem is that when I recently download GOBA [Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure] into the Edge 1000 I must have gotten at least 100 locations and I don't want to go through them individual. I have now deleted the routes but the Locations remain -- BTW the routes worked fine. What makes matters worse is that I now have so many locations that I cannot install new ones. I don't know what to do other than a complete reset.

Also, nothing is recording to the 64 g micro SD card which I installed. How can I get usable data on that card?

Oliver
            Two things:

1. Based on other comments I substituted a 32 GB card, did a quick FAT32 Format, and this worked. Garmin added folders including a new folder. On a two hour ride this morning the data was written to the 32 GB card. Also, exporting a "Waypoint" file from BaseCamp to a GPX file and moving it to the "New Files" folder on the data card resulted in these Waypoints becoming Locations on the data card.

2. Two get ride of the 195 "Locations" which I did not want or need I did a factory reset and that has worked. In the future when I try to upload GPX files to the Edge 1000 I will move the file to the New Files Folder on the data card and that should make it much easier to remove the information when it is no longer needed.

I am not sure I have this all figured out, but that is a description of my experience to date.

Comment

I guess I still have the same question four years later. I do have the 32 GB FAT card in my device, and I do appear to be able to delete stuff from it. However, it occurs to me that if the stuff one wants to get rid of is all on the memory card, then one can simply reformat the memory card without doing a reset of the device. If there is stuff on the memory card which one wants, one can first off load it and then reload it after the memory card is reformatted.

Comment

Working...
              X