Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

map update issue with Western Europe 2.0 on Fenix 5x and express 6.9.1 or 6.10.0

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samyterje View Post
    2 PCs, 2 different networks, v6.11.1.0 Garmin Express, FW v12 for my Garmin Fenix 5X.... and still always impossible to install the visible map update "Western Europe 2.0"

Error message is always the same in the top red banner of Garmin Express "There was an error installing the update."

Please Garmin do something as it is the same problem since month now...
    With same version of Express and my watch with v12.40, update worked yesterday for me
    So many month and finally done. Hope that Garmin will let us know how it works now... Just a different map version as kristian12 said?
    Garmin Fenix 3 Sapphire, eTrex Touch 35, Virb Elite & my spouse's Fenix 3 Silver - All my workouts
    Do you like French cuisine? My wife's one is delicious

Comment

I have the same issue.

Map: TopoActive 2018.20
      GE: 6.11.1.0

Error: Not enough space

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi ,A message for updating Topo maps appeared to my Garmin Express last Friday. I tried to update them but a message informed that i can't do the update because there's so much information that they can't fit them to my device's internal memory , telling me to contact product support to help me updating my maps. Send email, still no response.Everything is updated to the latest version,except Topo .Garmin fenix 5x is what I have.Anyone can help?

Comment

Originally posted by spucky View Post
          I have the same issue.

Map: TopoActive 2018.20
          GE: 6.11.1.0

Error: Not enough space

Any suggestions?
          Same problem here with my gpsmap 66 st

Comment

If you're out of space then try freeing some up.
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

[SOLVED]

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...39#post1454439

Comment

Excusez-moi, but that's a bodge (well, workaround), not a stable resolution going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Krzemien View Post
                  Excusez-moi, but that's a bodge (well, workaround), not a stable resolution going forward.
                  the solution is permanent on this map update
                  we can state it's definitive (or not) only on the next map update
                  but right now, once you'll apply this solution, you'll get the newest map and no more update request from Garmin Express
                  I had the very same issue before (check my thread) with Topoactive V4 (I was on V3) and the previous solution I posted (suggested from Garmin assistance) was actually a workaround, cause it allowed me to go with the latest map, but the map update request was still there)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                    If you're out of space then try freeing some up.
                    Even if you take a new sd card with 32 gb still the same issue.
                    And also 9 gb free space on the device...

Comment

Originally posted by 123none123 View Post
                      the solution is permanent on this map update
                      Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it won't work. But:
                      • delete the related files with the .gma .img and .unl extension
                      • delete the garmindevice.xml file (so totally it's 4 files deleted)

But in my 12 years of various Garmin devices' ownership I never had to - and strongly refrained from either - delete any of the above, or reset device. Also, I'm not happy with the idea of shuffling 7GB of data back and forth using rather non-performing built-in USB interface either.

I just expect that Garmin is able to resolve the problem they clearly created themselves - and quicker than 60 days (or 4 or so sprints).

Comment

Why do I have to do something manually via filesystem on the device?

This should be fixed by Garmin, not by the end user.

The manual deletion to get it working is no solution, but max a workaround for experienced users.

Comment

On my 5 plus the map update isn't even showing. I still have the 2017 maps on mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X