Collapse
No announcement yet.

download issues Edge 1030 map update fails - max. download 15% before interrupt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download issues Edge 1030 map update fails - max. download 15% before interrupt

tryied updating my Edge 1030 by Garmin Express, OS >> Win 7 Home and Win10 Pro ( Win10 installed at two different devices)

I followed the instructions given in faq, additionally deleted and reinstalled GE v 6.9 + v 6.10, deleted all USB connections in registry, suspended anti virus and anti spam, formated memory card... allwyas the same result, download stops with error sometimes at 0,5% download size, sometimes up to 15% max. size.
    Downloading small files to internal memory (i.e language files) works perfect, download map update to memory card ( tryied different SD cards, and different PC's ) allways failed.
    No idea what to do else.
    Last edited by offenbacher54; 12-02-2018, 11:17 AM.

It usually takes me a few attempts to get the download to complete. Set computer to not sleep.

Comment

Interrupt appears within few seconds or minutes, Sleep mode is disabled.

Comment

number of attemps exeeds 50....

Comment

Try a different computer. I have had to swap between Mac and PC in the past

Comment

swapped PC > OS Win10 > OS Win 7 both systems are showing described download issue…. a Mac is not in my posession, I'm afraid.

Does it make sense to erase "old" Maps in internal Memory in order to get more free space? Free Memory now is about 5GB + prox 7GB of cyclemaps comming out of the box.

And.... will it be possible copying saved map files back to internal memory once they are deleted when this action also fails?
            Last edited by offenbacher54; 12-02-2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I've checked logfiles on my laptop, after reinstalling Garmin express...

1.310 files about 8,2 GB have been downloaded to
              (C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\GARMIN\CoreService\Downloads\Map\Map_Map.CYCLE MAPEU.2018.20\RMU\CYCLEMAPEU\2018_20\ae46c4e5-b90e-4ea4-afe0-8e4cf219baa9\IMG...)

Installing to EDGE 1030 fails... my SD Card is recognized by GE, the application shows a download bar ending shortly at 0,5%, or 2,7%, or 4% .

Comment

One thing to try is to copy the Garmin folder from your device to a suitably sized sd card or usb stick. Use that instead of your device and see if Express will download the map files to that. Post back with what happens.
                Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Garmin folder copyied to 32GB memory card, Germin Express detects a "Edge1030"... suggests map update and asks for external memory card... so bad luck.

Tried cloned memory card on different devices, desktop and laptop, same result...

Comment

I'll pm you
                    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
                    X