Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It nuvi 1370T at the end of it's "useful" life?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It nuvi 1370T at the end of it's "useful" life?

Purchased a Nuvi 1370 in April 2013 and at the time it included lifetime map updates. It was the Europe edition (though bought in Canada) so only the Europe City maps would update for free. Every year or so I would connect with Garmin Express and it would prompt me to refresh my maps. It worked like a charm and I was very happy to have up to date European maps...until now...I now have to pay for updates, which is sad given than I was supposed to have "lifetime" maps...I guess lifetime is only for the life of the unit? Which still works great btw!

Lifetime does mean lifetime. Why do you say you now have to pay for maps?
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I expected it to be lifetime also! When I connect using my Garmin Express there are no more free updates and I all I see is pricing for updates, which I have never seen before. Well...I only ever saw pricing for the North America maps and the European maps were always free.

Comment

If you have lifetime maps and Express isn't showing an update unless you pay then contact Product Support so they can fix it.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
        X